Sprockets.com any good?

dilemna
dilemna Posts: 2,187
edited April 2009 in Road buying advice
Anyone one had any experience of these guys?

http://www.sprockets.uk.com/

I have emailed them twice to see whether they actually have a chainset, bottom bracket and cassette in stock? They have failed to reply to either of my enquiries last week and this week. Is this a bad a sign or do you think they are too busy making money that they can afford to ignore a few new sales? Is their customer service any good? Don't want to pay them money and have to wait as items are subsequently o.o.s or they have such poor customer customer service I never receive items or any response.

Any thoughts or experiences would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex
Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
Think how stupid the average person is.......
half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.

Comments

• System_1
    System_1 Posts: 513
    dilemna wrote:
    Anyone one had any experience of these guys?

http://www.sprockets.uk.com/

I have emailed them twice to see whether they actually have a chainset, bottom bracket and cassette in stock? They have failed to reply to either of my enquiries last week and this week. Is this a bad a sign or do you think they are too busy making money that they can afford to ignore a few new sales? Is their customer service any good?

Sounds to me like their customer service is crap. I could forgive a shop for taking a couple of days to reply to an email, but a week...?

Personally I wouldn't buy from them if they can't be bothered to get back to you. I've been disappointed by too many online stores in the past that I now only buy from famously reputable places (ie Chain Reaction, Probikekit, Wiggle, Parkers etc) or places that at least take the time to answer questions.
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    If places don't respond to sales related requests quickly I steer well clear as you can pretty much guarantee their response to a customer service/returns issue will be 10x worse
  • akkers
    akkers Posts: 140
    To be fair, many stores dont get round to responding to emails quickly.....there is a number so why not just call them.
    Never used em but looking at their site, theyre cheap....Id check stock availability aswell, but def ring em ratehr than email em
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    It is the 21st century! Emails are more efficient use of time (mine and theirs). I agree with the above, if they can't deal with sales enquiries promptly then they are not running their business well, and do not prioritise customer service. Many shops go AWOL on phone and email once you have a problem. My money goes to shops that seem keen for my business, not those where I have to do the selling for myself! That's their job!!! Shape up or lose your business!
  • akkers
    akkers Posts: 140
    whats quicker, sending an email and ping ponging backwards and forwards with more queeries, or picking up a phone and having a discussion to get all your answers in 2 minutes or so, checking stock and arranging deliveryIts how I always do my orders, and means I get the best price, know stock availability and when Im gonna get it...none of this email nonsense
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Each to their own.

Answering an email isn't such a tall order, is it? I manage to do it in my job.
  • chriskempton
    chriskempton Posts: 1,245
    As above - if they can't reply to an email, f**k 'em.
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    No response from them despite 2 emails. I can't be doing with companies with such poor customer service, so I go elsewhere. I sent an email yesterday to another well known on line cycle supplier and had a response in 35 minutes. :)
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • Just to redress the balance, I've personally purchased quite a few items from Sprockets, but previously through the ebay shop (Rocky Rocket) the guy set up Sprockets a short while ago, and to be fair, I think you'll find he's a one man band (could be wrong?)

But I've had brilliant comms and service.......

Might just be a glitch?

Just my 2p worth!

And I've no personal interest at all, just don't want to see a guy bite the dust through what might be a current problem..
    Live every day like it\'s your last, cos one day.......your gonna be right!
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    For me it is not so much a question of which is the most effective form of communication as it is of the fact that if you put your details up on a website giving potential customers an email address to which they can send requests then I think you (the shop) must treat those emails just like you would if that person were in the shop or on the phone ie promptly and with courtesy.

There are too many shops out there that stick websites up because they feel have to have a web presence yet if you can't handle that side of the business effectively then you are actually better off without it. People can find you in the yellow pages if they want your number :wink:

Working in catering as I do our manager constantly reminds us that we are only as good as our last meal and that I'm afraid is business. Nobody deserves to have a business however customers do deserve good service. If you give the last you will get the first.