Stumpjumper Elite VS. Comp

mwilliams09
mwilliams09 Posts: 13
edited April 2009 in MTB beginners
Hey guys ive been mountain biking on my dads old 97' specialized bike and im looking to get a new one. I demoed a Stumpjumper pro and really liked it. The Stumpjumer pro however is to much money for me and im looking at getting the 2009 stump jumper elite. It says that bike is 3,100$ vs. the comp that is 2,500. What would intrest me in upgrading to the elite? why is it 600 more dollars. Thanks.

Also: what bike do you think is better the enduro or stumpjumper, im looking for something good for climbing and downhill. The enduro looks better to me but ive been told that the stumjumper is the bike for me. I also wanted to know if they make the bikes in any different colors from what they have on specialized.com

Comments

• Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Bikes are typically only one colour for each model.

Elite is of course better than the Comp - the price is reflected simply in better components - forks, mechs, shock, brakes etc. Whether the upgrades are worth the extra 600 is up to you.

Enduro and Stumpy are very different machines. The Enduro is a stronger and heavier "all mountain" bike and which bike you buy depends on the type of riding you intend on doing.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.