Cannondale prophet - too good to be true?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited April 2009 in MTB general
It always seems to get the highest reviews from all the mags (even globally) yet I selodom see it out on the trails and have never heard anyone big it up.

Comments

• Probably because they don't look very good compared to others.
  • Anonymous
    I toyed with the idea of getting one but was put off with its ultra low standover. I also have a Cannondale phobia after owning a Bad Boy which was the most troublesome bike ever.

Still I do love the single pivot simplicity and it looks to be better value than say, an Orange Five.

What do you ride?
  • Meta 5 now, not changed my signature yet though.
  • Anonymous
    There's something about Commencals that I just find so appealing. Almost 99% sure my next bike will be the Commencal Supreme mini DH. Looks superduper
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    I like 'em but the problem is last year Cannondale released the Rize (130 mm travel) and the Moto (160 mm travel), so where does that leave the older 140 mm Prophet ? Realistically it's probably one of the best trail bikes out there but for some reason Prophets are 'hard to sell'.
  • .blitz wrote:
    I like 'em but the problem is last year Cannondale released the Rize (130 mm travel) and the Moto (160 mm travel), so where does that leave the older 140 mm Prophet ? Realistically it's probably one of the best trail bikes out there but for some reason Prophets are 'hard to sell'.

I'll take one for £500 :wink:
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs