First Quarter Results?

meagain
meagain Posts: 2,331
edited April 2009 in The bottom bracket
After missing 6 days in February (I don't reckon 2 wheels and ice are a good combination), 633 miles in March has got my Q1 mileage up to 1,662 and thus my mthly av above target of 500!
That'll do for me.
d.j.
"Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."

Comments

• barrybaines
    barrybaines Posts: 273
    Not looked at mine untill just and I am surprised to see................
    2321.06KM (1 442.23982 miles) On the fixie
    452.85KM (281.387944 miles) with gears

So a total for the year to date of 2773.91KM (1 723.62776 miles)

Not bad

8)
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    edited March 2009
    1403miles (as of now) for the first 3 months, but I didn't ride in January with exams/ice/illness.

But I'm about to go out now on the bike too.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    About 1000. Had most of February off due to ice and illness though, so not too worrying.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    less than 700 rubbish!
  • drewfromrisca
    drewfromrisca Posts: 1,165
    Hardly a thing due to injury, long work hours and some serious lack of motivation due to constant pain!!! :cry:
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    1437 after this afternoon, a bit behind what I wanted to do, aiming for 600miles a month, but should catch up eventually.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    Was hoping to get over 1000miles by end of March. Missed a few weekends this month though.

946 miles
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    1040 - week off at beginning of March.
    Don't know how many extra I did indoors.
    Not bad. 8)
  • holmeboy
    holmeboy Posts: 674
    It's not how many miles that you do, it's the way that you do em, that's what get's results. oh yeah.........., 1448.06 Miles, 4 Days, 1 Hours, 20 Minutes.
    Just under 6000 last year, just under 5000 the year before, am NOT aiming for just under 7000 this year. :D :roll:
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    meagain wrote:
    After missing 6 days in February (I don't reckon 2 wheels and ice are a good combination), 633 miles in March has got my Q1 mileage up to 1,662 and thus my mthly av above target of 500!
    That'll do for me.

I too was aiming at 500miles/month for the first quarter and have achieved 1,638 with the total for March being 662.

Seems us Nottinghamshire types have similar goals, perhaps.

BTW, being from Notts what area, if I may be so bold as to ask do you do your riding my owd?
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    1034 to end March, but reduced miles cos of my shoulder..... 455 in March though and no long rides - i.e. anything over 25 miles at all.......so 5-6 days a week short rides, fast..just long enough for my shoulder to hold out.......... :?
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    A meagre 738.13 miles in comparison. :oops:
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    Haven't had my new bike long enough with a computer on to know. That and getting back into a good shape is taking a while, well I expected it to as I go into a very round shape during the "bad" bike times (aka ones I couldn't ride for more then a few miles without knee/back/butt pain).
    But last check in month on new bike a lowly 400km.
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • Kenjaja1
    Kenjaja1 Posts: 744
    {Smug Smile} 1051.80Km for March bringing my YTD total to 2156.9Km {End Smug Smile}
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    "BTW, being from Notts what area, if I may be so bold as to ask do you do your riding my owd?"

Live at top of Carlton Hill, couple of miles east of City Centre. Tend to keep off busy roads early on dark mornings - so At'boro Nature Reserve/Trent Lock quite often. Or towards Newark or Cotgrave/Kinoulton way. Just a steady (read slow!) 20-25 first light nearly every day!

The "Captain" of the local CTC D rides (for the more mature rider!) lives in Hucknall.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • mcmullej
    mcmullej Posts: 136
    998.2 km for March.

ooooooohhhh nooooooooooooooooooooooo.
  • Kenjaja1
    Kenjaja1 Posts: 744
    mcmullej wrote:
    998.2 km for March.

ooooooohhhh nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I f I were you I would pump my tyres to maximum pressure (maybe even twice their maximum!) and then carefully remeasure their circumference to find if your computer setting is in error (understated) by a tad. The moment you find an error of a few millimetresyou will need to 'adjust' your ride distances accordingly.

Hope this helps :wink:
  • mcmullej
    mcmullej Posts: 136
    I will spend this evening re-measuring all my routes using Google Maps. Using the highest possible magnification, plotting my exact route around corners etc.

Got to be able to find a few hundred meters that way, right?

Maye not. It's all within margin of error anyway.

Just need another 5 weekend month with no holidays etc...
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    1,744 miles / 107h19m - never kept a proper training diary before, but I like having this sort of useless info to hand now!
  • brucey72
    brucey72 Posts: 1,086
    1055 so far, which is almost 700 more than i had done by this time last year. I hadn't checked and to have done 1000 miles already has really cheered me up :D
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    meagain wrote:
    "BTW, being from Notts what area, if I may be so bold as to ask do you do your riding my owd?"

Live at top of Carlton Hill, couple of miles east of City Centre. Tend to keep off busy roads early on dark mornings - so At'boro Nature Reserve/Trent Lock quite often. Or towards Newark or Cotgrave/Kinoulton way. Just a steady (read slow!) 20-25 first light nearly every day!

The "Captain" of the local CTC D rides (for the more mature rider!) lives in Hucknall.

When I do the flat lands it's usually Southwell area, though on my longer rides I go out to Cropwell Butler Long Clawson Belvoir Castle onto Newark.

Derbyshire If I fancy a few hills though. :wink:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483
    JAN-674miles
    FEB-856
    MAR-955 Running total so far 2547miles inc 62 today

Didn't get much snow here & it's been pretty good weather for the last month so i've been able to get out a lot.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    2113 to the end of March - that is everything including commuting, doing a few miles with the kids etc - though as I don't use a computer very often so my log is mostly guesswork. If I continued like that would be the most I've ever done in a year - still haven't entered any races yet and I'm not going any better than any other year though.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.