KBC-Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde

csp
csp Posts: 777
edited April 2009 in Pro race

Comments

• claudb
    claudb Posts: 212
    I'm watching and already have seen the guy with the 'LUC' banner. I think this has been asked before, but what is this about (Not 'Lance Uses C' Iainf !!!).
  • I've been seeing the LUC guy since the late 80's, am none the wiser!
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,813
    6 Lotto rider's in the lead group.....Boonan and Van Impe stuck in the chase group and losing time....
    Pozzato rips their legs off!
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Willems just launched the slowest attack I've ever seen. He was sitting up, looking behind him and still got a big gap!
  • afx237vi
    Pozzato wins, Willems 2nd... gruppo about a minute back.

Random English phrases heard during today's Flemish commentary:

- "Dinner in the sky" - on seeing a group of people having a BBQ on the roof of a building (as you do).
    - "Oh sh*t" - on seeing Willems' reaction to finishing 2nd.
    - "Only god can judge us now" - er... no idea.
  • The best with the flemish commentary is when you're only half listening and try to imagine what thet're saying
  • winoneday
    winoneday Posts: 253
    Could LUC refer to Luc Leblanc. Possibly a ridicously enthusiastic fan, would explain why its been about since the 80's although not so much why its still around now.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Hmmmm.....Pipo looking good for Sunday?............says he tapping the side of his nose. :idea:
  • Bronzie wrote:
    Hmmmm.....Pipo looking good for Sunday?............says he tapping the side of his nose. :idea:

He does, but I've just had a pound each on Willems and Van Impe at 22 and 66 (!) respectively.
  • I've seen this LUC guy on telly last Saturday (E3 Prijs) accompanied by a television team, so maybe we'll know more soon!
  • afx237vi
    Is the Sporza link working for anyone else today?
  • afx237vi
    New link just posted on Cyclingfans:

http://fr.justin.tv/hoarau_tvhd

Delayed pictures, 35km to go.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Bedannkt!
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    they've chased hard to bring back the breakaway group of three - they had over a 6 minute lead at 37km.

11km to go on the delayed pics ...
  • Kléber
    Cavendish wins. There was a stat in Pro Cycling about how he's won at least one stage in every stage race he's done for at least a year now.

Today I think he was letting Renshaw lead out and hoping Renshaw would keep it going all the way to the line but when McEwen popped out, Cav opened the turbo.
  • afx237vi
    Yeah I thought Renshaw was gonna get it, same as Greipel's win in last year's Giro. From the head-on it looked as McEwen actually got quite close... but then they showed it from the helicopter and could see Cav never really looked troubled.

He has to be strong favourite for Gent-Wevelgem this year.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Agree with you on that Kleber - it was pretty close to the line (compared to recent sprints) when Cavendish popped out to counter McEwen. Impressive again from the Manx man.
  • blazing_saddles
    Damn. Gave up looking after nearly an hour...........
  • Kléber
    Stage 3a coming up live: http://fr.justin.tv/hoarau_tvhd
  • blazing_saddles
    Kléber wrote:
    Stage 3a coming up live: http://fr.justin.tv/hoarau_tvhd
    This is streaming from Sport+
    Hopefully, if working, it will give everyone a chance to see Pais Vasco, Romandie and the Tour of Switzerland, as they show all these stage races on tv.
    For the last two, justin may well be the only option.
    "Une chute!"
  • blazing_saddles
    Sven Tuft, straight over a large "flower pot", in the middle of the road.
  • blazing_saddles
    Jeez...what a final 25kms! 4 crashes and Pozzato loses 48".
    Cav wins from McEwen, in a reinactment of "The Charge of the Light Brigade". Riders all over the road!
  • Kléber
    This morning's stage was crazy. The race is famous for the riding, the way the bunch has to squeeze onto small roads, with riders hopping on to the payments, cyclepaths, cutting roundabouts but the acrobatics have their limits and so crashes are inevitable.

The TT is on now (delayed coverage) at http://fr.justin.tv/hoarau_tvhd and if Wiggins can't win I feel the poor guy might be regretting leaving Columbia, for he said he wanted to get away from being a team helper so he could win some races for himself. But no wins so far and the cash associated with being Cav's right hand man will pay for a lot of collector's guitars.

But he's just come in and got the fastest time by 30 seconds, ahead of Devolder. Hopefully he can get it this time.
  • winoneday
    winoneday Posts: 253
    Leif Hoste has just been introduced as 'Mr 2nd place at the Tour of Flanders'. What a shame if thats all his ever remembered as, deserved a little more I feel.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Wiggo wins the TT - a Brit clean sweep on day 3 8)
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Bronzie wrote:
    Wiggo wins the TT - a Brit clean sweep on day 3 8)

Yep, looks like there were no 62 kg climbers in the race to challenge him... :wink:
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    DaveyL wrote:
    Yep, looks like there were no 62 kg climbers in the race to challenge him... :wink:

Who's the guy who came 2nd? 36 seconds into the World Champ? It would never happen on Chinny's watch.

1 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Garmin - Slipstream 18.01 (49.121 km/h)
    2 Lieuwe Westra (Ned) Vacansoleil Pro Cycling Team 0.20
    3 Stijn Devolder (Bel) Quick Step 0.32
    4 Joost Posthuma (Ned) Rabobank 0.34
    5 Bert Grabsch (Ger) Team Columbia - Highroad 0.36
    6 Rick Flens (Ned) Rabobank 0.38
    7 Svein Tuft (Can) Garmin - Slipstream 0.41
    8 Jens Mouris (Ned) Vacansoleil Pro Cycling Team 0.48
    9 Mikhail Ignatiev (Rus) Team Katusha 0.50
    10 Sebastian Lang (Ger) Silence-Lotto
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    "Lieuwe Lieuwe" ?
    Le Blaireau (1)