Centre Parcs - trailer

NFMC
NFMC Posts: 232
edited April 2009 in The bottom bracket
Just returnd from a trip to the Cumbria Centre Parcs. Great time with the kids.

Got a bike trailer that my two boys (5 and 3) loved. The Tour-de-France boys should try training around the Lakes with two kids and a big bag of wet swimming gear behind them!

Anyway...on my last trip there I had to hire a bike and a trailer as they no longer hire trailers on their own due to 'health and safety'. What rot...you should how rubbish their regular bikes are that they hire out.

Anyway...on this trip I came across an abandoned trailer in the car park. Hooked it up to my bike and off we went. Felt great getting a 'free' trailer all weekend!

Comments

• But did you take it home with you or leave it for the next fortunate customer?

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • mitchgixer6
    mitchgixer6 Posts: 729
    Nice one! We had a similar experience last year with a bike. Had to hire 2 and a trailer due to trasnport problems, but there was a random bike left outside our apartment! Result, one free bike for the week. Did feel quite bad, but f**k it! Left it there for the next family!

Any info on thefts at the Parcs? Going to Cumbria again this year but will be taking 2 decent bikes with us. Will obvioulsy lock them, but is it safe enough?
  • jellybellywmb
    jellybellywmb Posts: 1,379
    I had a similar experience.

Unhooked my trailer loaded my bike and when i turned round some git had nicked my trailer!!! :roll:
    "BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy