downhiil at aberdeen, council desroying it!!!!!!

ben-1888
ben-1888 Posts: 59
edited March 2009 in Routes
hi guys...
If anyone is from aberdeen it would be good to know a bit about the forest i found today whilst on route to tyrebagger, after some advice from cycloros.

Im sure whoever built this does not want the world knowing about it but it is being destroyed by the council! :x

There where signs hamered into the ground everywhere in the forest, stating that work has begun dismantling these trails as they are a danger to the public, ie. walkers, horses, and whover else would be in a forest, but how the hell is it!!! its tucked away in a very steep section of the woods and i dont think anyone would ever see the dog walkers or horse riders cantering down strolling down a near vertical drop! Already what looks like dirt jumps and some rock gardens have been destroyed! And the signs say if any action is taken to rebuild them thay will just be torn back down!! My heart was racing until i seen these signs which absolutly outraged me! :cry:

It looked asthough it is very well used and it is huge... however im probably being naive but is there no way people an get together and try and stop this?? The amount of work that has obviously been put into this place is astounding and must be credited.

I wont reveal the location just yet incase its someones secret spot that i stumbled upon! But if anyone knows of it and feels the same i will do everything i can o fight this, rebuild, and at the end of the day continue riding it!!

Comments

• jamieh5463
    jamieh5463 Posts: 223
    Good on u m8
    what annoys me is the government wants to encourage poeple to do exercise and stop 'emitting C02' etc etc, and when people do tht (like you are doing using a MTB trail) they stop you doing it. WTF? not everybody wants to do road biking.
  • ben-1888
    ben-1888 Posts: 59
    i know its backward!! they have said that they have build a mtb specific jump park... but its no comparison to this place! sh1t happens i suppose!!