Pogo Blues

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited March 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
I'm having problems with my full suss Saracen, I don't ride it that often so decided to attach my daughters tag-a-long and take it for a spin, 19 miles later I was exhausted no matter how much I fiddled with the dampening and preload adjuster it just bounced with every pedal stroke, pretty much like riding a pogo stick for an hour and 45 mins.

I know the Saracen is cheap but it's never behaved in this way before, could the extra weight be the cause or is the coil rear shock in need of replacement?
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Bikes simply aren't designed to have something like this trailing out the bike and it will upset the suspension.

Without a lockable shock there is not much you can do really.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    supersonic wrote:
    Bikes simply aren't designed to have something like this trailing out the bike and it will upset the suspension.

Without a lockable shock there is not much you can do really.

Ta I will stick a SS on the back and MTFU :D
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.