am i the biggest idiot on here?

jimycooper
jimycooper Posts: 740
edited March 2009 in The bottom bracket
club meet at 9, didnt set my alarm forward so got up at 9. absolutely kicked myself.

can anyone beat my stupidity?

Comments

• BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    Did the same mate - you're not alone
  • Almost did the same.

Fortunately my dad woke me at at 9 15. The ride was 9 30 so a few rushed texts, throw my kit on and shove a banana into my face and i'm hurtling down the road towards the meeting point to be met with groans and "there's always one" being said repeatedly.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    jimycooper wrote:
    club meet at 9, didnt set my alarm forward so got up at 9. absolutely kicked myself.

You missed a ride by only 1 hour? I missed a ride by 1 week. To add to my embarrassment I chased off after them trying to catch them up. :roll: :lol:
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Crapaud wrote:
    jimycooper wrote:

You missed a ride by only 1 hour? I missed a ride by 1 week. To add to my embarrassment I chased off after them trying to catch them up. :roll: :lol:

"Where you're going, you don't need roads!" :lol:
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • synchronicity
    synchronicity Posts: 1,415
    One stupider...

Man is coming to pick up rental bike at 9:00am.
    Set my clock backward 1 hour, basing my logic on the fact that "days are longer in Summer, including the mornings as well so it must be right".

Didn't I seem like a right plonker when the guy called up at 9:00am, I daze out of bed convinced it was only 7:00, saying "you know the clocks all changed last night, right?". brickwall-2.gif
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    I've been doing this for the past 3 months! :D
  • I still write 2008 on cheques!
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    I still write 2008 on cheques!

You still write cheques? :shock:

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• Parsnip49
    Parsnip49 Posts: 205
    I can go one better. This satuday's 9.30 Ride. Me being the eager beaver that I am had already put his clock forward. Cue a very lonley group ride.