Lezyne saddle bags

Scrumple
Scrumple Posts: 2,665
edited March 2009 in Road buying advice
Lezyne saddle bags

These look the most organised, and best designed?!
My current bag is cheap and I hate lumping it all into one cavity. Not very waterproof too...

Anyone think I can do better than the Lezyne range / or agree with me? Or is the design and pocket set up not as useful as it looks?

I commute, so I do need reasonable room...

Comments

• sweep
    sweep Posts: 360
    Not used Lezyne but can recommend Topeak. I have a couple of the Large Aero Wedge packs which hold all the tools, pump, tubes etc. that I need for fairly long rides.

http://www.topeak.com/products/Bags/Aer ... rge_velcro

The Lezyne packs look good but I think that you would need to by the Lezyne tyre levers, patch kit, multitool, pump etc. to get the best from it.
    It\'s Only Rock n\' Roll But I Like It!
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    I find I don't use most of the pockets for their intended use, other than the one for patches.

Whilst I have Lezyne tyre levers and mini tool, I prefer to use other levers that I get on better with, and I find the mini tool pocket on the bottom is better utilised for gels / sports beans / half an energy bar, with the mini tool inside the pouch. The cash pocket is also next to useless as you practically have to empty the bag and remove it from the bike to get to your cash! It is useful to leave an emergency fiver in there though.

They are great bags though, certainly the best saddle bag I've used. I've got the medium which will happily take 2 tubes, a park patch kit, 1 conti tyre lever, the Lezyne '12' mini tool, a chapstick, spare mech hanger and a couple of keys in the main compartment, as well as 2 gels in the pocket on the bottom 8)
  • Aguila
    Aguila Posts: 622
    I have a lazyne bag for essentials and like it a lot!
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I've got one - it seems good quality and I have no problems. But a bags a bag at the end of the day - I'd go for what's on offer.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.