Gisburn Forest New Routes

whalley665
whalley665 Posts: 150
edited March 2009 in Routes
Does anyone know when the new red/black routes will be open at gisburn forest? Because I've seen pictures but not what time it will be rideable? If anyone knows then it would be great.
92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.

Comments

• End of April, I heard for the end of phase 1. But not sure. Please don't be tempted to ride the new trails yet, it'll benefit us all if we're a little be a patient for now.
  • whalley665
    whalley665 Posts: 150
    Thanks for that. It looks pretty cool with all the new things being built. Check out the facebook page, Gisburn Forest MTB Trail Development cuz it has some nice pictures of the sections
    92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    I think the official openning is a bit later than April, I'll ask next weekend assuming I make the dig day. They are asking us to keep off at the moment to let everything bed in properly. You're also likely to come to a dead stop where trails are still under construction.

I haven't seen the contractor built bits yet, but the volunteer built section is pretty good (but then I would say that anyway as I've helped build some of them).
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • From what i've seen of the contractor built stuff it is very fast and flowing with some massive berms and a couple of quite high bridges. I've seen photos of other sections that look rockier and more technical. I've also walked the volunteer bit which is different again, very tight and twisty. Can't wait for it to open, it's going to be really entertaining!
  • Airienteer
    Airienteer Posts: 695
    At the official opening, how much of the trails will be open??
  • gregsd
    gregsd Posts: 328
    Does anyone know if the new bits will be used in the 12hr Enduro event?
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    I think all the trails currently under construction will be open at the offical opening so that will be an extra 7 km or so of singletrack. There are further plans for more if funding is forthcoming.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result