Paypal,,,How Long?!

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited March 2009 in The Crudcatcher
how long does it take paypal to withdraw funds to your account?!

need to pay someone and get some bike bits :(

Comments

• The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Oh Ben - did you still want those tyres whilst on subject (ish) lol

Should be instantaneous *I think* :?
  • :lol: yea, thats why i'm pissed off!! (your the someone!!)
    Still waiting for the money to clear :(
  • paypal wrote:
    Your funds have been sent. The money will be available in your bank account within 4-5 working days, depending on your bank.

FFS!!! sorry bout this Cheesy I should have kept some cash in there for you... Looks like it won't clear till monday now :(
  • The Big Cheese
    He he no worries dude!

They are here for you, and still will be..... :wink:
  • Awesome!
    Need them too!! Hopefully got a ride as soon as I get some gears sorted (also waiting for paypal), the tyres I have atm have 0 grip what so ever :lol:
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Paypal is really rubbish when it comes to transfer speeds, money seems to go into limbo. Leaves the account sharpish enough when you pay out.

Paypal scam if you ask me. They don't pay interest on balances, they charge you when someone else puts money in and they take ages to process transactions. Their echeques are even worse, take 10 days to clear :shock: .
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Yea, you used to be able to recieve money free as a gift, but you can't do that anymore :( Also charges you.

Such a monopoly, especially as a seller when ebay insists you use paypal for "buyer protection". never used to be like that.
  • stumpyjon
    Worst bit with Ebay & paypal is the bit where you can't get at your money for 10 days unless the buyer gives you positive feedback. There are a lot of a***hole buyers out there, dealt with a few :evil: :evil: .

• When did they start charging for gift payments?
    Boardman Road Comp '08
    Spesh FSR XC Expert '08
  • Not sure... bro told me before I realised :(
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    that one with the making you wait ten days or until you recieve +ve feedback is well out of order i reckon, im waiting for a bunch of money off someone. i wish there was a better way but unfortunately, paypal is a pre-requisite now for all sales iirc
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    I envy the speed of your transaction! I sold my old F80X on ebay, really nice forks, low price, I just wanted some money quick.

Unfortunately the buyer took a few days to pay, no great problem. He paid with an e-cheque, this took 8 days to clear if I remember correctly, it was the max time it said it "may" take to clear I remember that. The 10 day wait period started AFTER this 8 days as he didn't given feedback instantly. In total I had to wait 21 day, 21 days of having to give constant tech support about fitting and advice as to not upset him. I don't see this as being "buyer protection" exactly, I prefered the old system.

In the end he gave me feedback on the morning of day 21, the same day I'd have got the cash anyway. For Paypals top notch service they then take admin fees out of the small amount of cash.

Absolute arse, I've sold everything on the STW forums since then, massively easier, really active buying/selling community there. No more selling on ebay for me, it's a buyers market.
  • STILL NO MONEY!!

this is really pissing me off now. Its worse because the guy came and got the bike the day after the auction... so i'm thinking i'm not getting my money etc etc.

it unfair that there is such a monopoly on a site that could otherwise be quite good.
  • Anonymous
    i know where you are coming from, the thing i dont think is fair is that the buyer is pying for postage but you have to fork out for that before the paypal clears. not normally a problem but i recently sent some bike parts to spain and i had to pay for the postage a long time before the payment reached me which meant i was 100 quid out of pocket!!
  • Yea that happened to me too :(

Sucks becuase I need to pay Cheesey, want some gears, and i've just started bidding on a bike on ebay that finishes soon :(
  • The Big Cheese
    No rush on my end Ben :wink:

Let's hope you get it in time to get your frame! :x

One good thing, thanks to Wiggle, I have a box that I can fit the tyres and tubes in. My forks come in it? in another DMR box inside!?!?

I could never work out their rationale with box sizes? :lol:
  • Anonymous
    yeah, i got a maverick speedball post from wiggle a while ago and the box it came in must have been bout 40 litres, it was bonkers, (it did include a bag of sweets though!!)

whats being bid on ben?
  • its a secret :D a bit of retro reynolds :lol:

just something I saw last night that'll do to get me to uni, possibly a few trails depending on condition if i win. Not got much on it, but i've seen a few others if it goes too high :)
  • stumpyjon
    yeah, i got a maverick speedball post from wiggle a while ago and the box it came in must have been bout 40 litres, it was bonkers, (it did include a bag of sweets though!!)quote]

Same for me when mine came a couple of weeks ago, no sweeties though :cry:

• What the hell!! it cleared this afternoon! on a sunday! bloody random.