bedgebury this sunday

Chalky76
Chalky76 Posts: 260
edited March 2009 in MTB rides
Planning on going to Bedgebury this weekend with a few friends. None of us have been before so i was wondering if anyone had some tips on getting the most out of it? Happy with some xc, bit of the shore stuff that i can see on the website, and any small jumps or drops if they exist?

Thanks
ride your bike like a kid whilst you still can

Transition Blindside = http://www.flickr.com/photos/traceychalk/5335403095/

Comments

• lego
    lego Posts: 769
    I think they've got a demo day on Sunday (could be wrong) so it could be busy. There's stuff on their club's webby http://www.boarsonbikes.co.uk/
  • DC01
    DC01 Posts: 333
    Was there a couple of months ago after a lot of rain and the conditions were truely awful. Nothing but bog. The new section they have put in is un rideable following heavy rain. just no drainage. I had a couple of newbies with me and they gave up 2 thirds round. Has the potential to be quite good in the dry and ill go back once we ve had a spell of better weather to see the differance. The shore stuff is ok and will give you a few jumps, drops etc. and have a good warm up in the car park. the track that takes you to the start of the red route is uphill all the way for about a mile ish. The two newbies i was with (brother and dad) were heavy legged from the off and all the very claggy mud finished them off. Been a bit drier lately though,so shouldn t be to bad.
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Bedgebury is... upsetting. :evil: It has HUGE potential, but the drainage needs serious work. It's true that, when it's dry it is a really nice ride. Obviously not up to Wales standards, but bearing in mind it's in Kent, it really is quite good.
    Check out the link in my sig, for some more opinions about Bedgebury. :wink:

Oh, and don't forget the car-park costs £7.50 :shock: (or carry on past the car park to the a21(IIRC), and park in the layby :wink: )
  • gcwebbyuk
    gcwebbyuk Posts: 1,926
    We are camping at Bewl Water (well wadhurst) over Easter, and are planning cycling the Bewl water circuit, and maybe having a look at Bedgebury.

How easy is the course, my wife is a little worried it will be a bit hard core for her and will feel intimidated - she has only recently started doing any more than sustrans trails.
  • The round water route at Bewl Water is closed to bikes and horses until May I think the signs said.
    Begebury also has a family cycling trail and lots of gravel fire roads so you don't have to do all of the singletrack
    I do what Impished said and park in the layby and go in the back way via the bridleway.
  • MeddlE
    MeddlE Posts: 322
    So, did you go?

Have a good time?

Come on, spill the beans.

Only time I went to Bedge it was p'ing down and I hated it. Didn't help that we were with Saracen and the bikes were less than impressive.