Kraftwerk at the Velodrome

mrushton
mrushton Posts: 5,182
edited March 2009 in The bottom bracket
Interesting choice of venue as Kraftwerk play Mcr Velodrome in July. It's sold out :(
M.Rushton

Comments

• vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    Got my ticket. Not sure about the whole thing though, only one original member and they all look like a bunch of old men with laptops. But still: it's Kraftwerk.
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Got my ticket too. Saw them at Brixton Academy in 2003 and it was superb, one of the best gigs I've been to.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Didn't they did a Tour year ago where they didn't even appear on stage - just some automotons?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Didn't they did a Tour year ago where they didn't even appear on stage - just some automotons?

Kind of. They were behind a curtain (a bit like Pink Floyd and The Wall tour iirc they came out part way through)

Awesome band. Made a load of music kit themselves, and even a bit of software programming at times. I must have about 6 cds of theirs.
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    downfader wrote:
    I must have about 6 cds of theirs.

I've got vinyl. :P
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Sirius631 wrote:
    downfader wrote:
    I must have about 6 cds of theirs.

I've got vinyl. :P

I did used to have an old deck that played the old 33 and 45s as a kid. CD was, and is better personally as I can fit more in me room (about 1000 cds in me collection - no point in downloadiing mp3s for me, lol, its a fiver a cd thesedays)

Actually one of the guys that left 'Werk went on to do an amazing electro album a couple of years ago. Dammit I forget which one it was (white album cover with black logos iirc) :oops:
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    I saw them in 1981 at De Montford Hall in Leicester, it was a surprisingly wonderful gig. They were warm and funny. Crucially, I saw them on their bikes in the afternoon.
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    I saw them at Manchester Apollo, when they were promoting 'The Mix'. When they played Tour de France, they showed footage from TdFs of the 1950's on the backdrop.

The robots stopped working mid-track, leaving them frozen with their arms up.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.