Hello & advice needed on new bike, Please.

wobble 2
wobble 2 Posts: 4
edited March 2009 in MTB beginners
Hello all I've been lurking for some time now & thought I'd take the plunge and Join you all, and to be honest after some advice.
I'm new back to biking and can't believe the choice that's out there, been reading all the reports / reviews / advice etc. and looking to buy a H/T for around £600.
I'm after a good entry level bike for getting into trail riding etc. something that'll last a while to & have narrowed it down to a Rockhopper Disc, Giant XTC 4 or a Cube Acid, I appologise as questions have been asked like this before, but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• JxL
    JxL Posts: 383
    You could get a Core 20 for that sort of money, good trail bike with a decent enough fork. Although there is the colour of the frame which you may not like! :) Take a look on Which Hardtail 2009 sticky in Buying Advice section.
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    I'd pick a Tora at that price range, not Dart.
    Mongoose Amasa Super 2008. No one said No to a U-turn fork. :D

Few weeks back I've found a 2008 bike with Reba forks for 600. But it's not any more there.
  • JxL
    JxL Posts: 383
    Xtreem wrote:

Few weeks back I've found a 2008 bike with Reba forks for 600. But it's not any more there.

Could it be the Boardman Comp 2008? It was going for £550 with RS forks, i'm sure they were Reba's!! incredible price it was (sold out very quickly)
  • Mate for what you will get I would seriously try and save a bit extra if your not in a rush I found this BeOne full susser for a extra £200 (which sounds a lot but this bike is half price on last year) within 2 mins while looking for my step-brother and have in fact reccomended the same bike to him - check this link out http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=25453 Definately pays to look around there are some cracking deals and if you dont mind having last years model or the year before even, you will find some superb deals which is what I would do , I've never bought a "brand new model" its like buying a car as soon as you get it out the shop you lose money - even if you dont go for something like the BeOne you definately should be looking for a hard tail that retailed at around 7-8 hundred pound last year !! Its the credit crunch people are desperate to shift stock - use this to your advantage and make sure you grab a bargain !! Hope this helps mate !!
  • The thread above I just copyed and pasted from another guy who asked a similar question on a £350 budget - are you speciffically looking for a hardtail or is it just that you dont think you will find a ful susser for that price range, the link above shows you a decent full suspension bike can be had for £560 - half price and its only last years model !
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    JxL wrote:
    Xtreem wrote:

Could it be the Boardman Comp 2008? It was going for £550 with RS forks, i'm sure they were Reba's!! incredible price it was (sold out very quickly)
    No, it was a Revolution, don't know which model, from www.edinburghbicycle.com.
    Btw, will see if I can find 2008 Comp with Reba's somewhere in stock. :)
  • LoUiS1985
    LoUiS1985 Posts: 841
    2009 merlin malt??? excellent reviews and decent value for money