cold after riding

scottgeniusltd2005
scottgeniusltd2005 Posts: 575
edited March 2009 in Road beginners
hi guys,

just started going out on road on my mtb to get some miles in, upto 20 to 25 miles per day. however, i'm always cold when i get back, mostly i do it at night. if i wear another layer i melt on the uphills, there are a lot round here, it's mainly my legs, i currently wear lusso winter repel tights. is this something i need to get used too or is there a trick i am missing. it takes me ages to get warm again

thanks
Cotic Soul rider.

Comments

• volvine
    volvine Posts: 409
    my spare ring of blubber around the midriff is always freezing after a ride lol :lol::lol:
  • Shezzer
    Shezzer Posts: 229
    Are you cold whilst out on the bike or is it when you get home?

I'm rarely cold while on the bike but am often cold a few minutes after getting home, even on mild days. I always assumed it was something to do with my body not having enough calories left to keep itself warm. I usually find a warm shower and food do the trick.
  • paulieb2006
    paulieb2006 Posts: 318
    Surely its from been so sweaty after your 20-25 miles and hot. Then you stop and all the sweat cools down and you will get a chill. Very important to have a shower soon afterwards.
  • yeah, the shower works best for me, think i will keep up that regime. i'm cold after the ride, always boiling during, torso fine, just legs, wife says it because i'm losing my fat :lol:
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    My winter bibtights keep my legs warm during the ride even if the temp is close to zero. Difficult thing seems to be avoiding windchill when the top half starts to get sweaty. If I put on a windproof shell it's never breathable enough and I get wetter and wetter. When I take it off the sweat is clearly evaporating since I rapidly start to freeze and have to put it back on again. Vicious circle.

Back home, it's out of the sweaty gear asap and into the shower, then tea & toast!
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    nowt worse than a cold c0ck, especially when it starts crowing at dawn :shock:

c0ck! c0ck! c0ck! its a man chicken for fupps sake!

i thought this site was for grown ups not daily mail readers :evil:
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    nowt worse than a cold c0ck, especially when it starts crowing at dawn :shock:

c0ck! c0ck! c0ck! its a man chicken for fupps sake!

i thought this site was for grown ups not daily mail readers :evil:

Mine practically grows inwards on very cold days!
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.