Clothes Shopping

Big Wib
Big Wib Posts: 363
edited March 2009 in Commuting chat
Boring I know, but given how often there have been comments recently on how difficult it is to buy trousers that fit on the waist and on the thighs [mainly it must be said on threads started by DDD :lol: ], are there any shops/websites that people would recommend?

Surely we can't be that unusual? Or are we all such models of physical perfection that the world can't cope?

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I live and swear by these guys

http://www.cycle-clothing.co.uk

If you're talking about ordinary clothes. I tend to buy my work clothes from Primarni and my going out clothes from any number of affordable shops...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • FyPunK
    FyPunK Posts: 160
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I live and swear by these guys

http://www.cycle-clothing.co.uk
    DDD are these really that good? I have looked at this site a few times and been tempted. What's the quality like?
    www.justgiving.com/aidyneal Cycling Manchester to Blackpool. Look out for number 1691
  • DonDaddyD
    I think they're really goot given the price. Not the best quality, but comparable to more expensive products and better far quality compared to other products at the respective price points.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • FyPunK
    Final question, how do you find them on sizing? This has been a ball ache in the past, take Endura shorts, according to their sizing chart I should L but in reallity its XL, however their tops and the jacket I have is L :?
    www.justgiving.com/aidyneal Cycling Manchester to Blackpool. Look out for number 1691
  • DonDaddyD
    FyPunK wrote:
    Final question, how do you find them on sizing? This has been a ball ache in the past, take Endura shorts, according to their sizing chart I should L but in reallity its XL, however their tops and the jacket I have is L :?

The CC-UK own brand stuff fits like UK sizing should fit and the size guide is pretty accurate.

The Speg stuff (which I think is really good quality for the price) I buy one size up.
    Food Chain number = 4

• FyPunK
    Cheers for that DDD most helpful.
  • Biscuiteer
    Biscuiteer Posts: 143
    Craghoppers' Kiwis. Great trouser if you're looking for something casual. Really hard wearing, easy to clean, quick drying and available in a wide range of greys and browns so you can almost perfectly match them to the colour of the grime your bike throws at you on your commute :) Once you know your size you can get them for £15-20 if you hunt around online. Available as standard trousers, 3/4s, convertibles or fleece lined, I think.

For smart trousers, I've found that I can only wear trousers with a pleated front. For my correct waist size, flat fronted trousers generally are skin tight around my seat and thighs and only approach something approximating comfort around and below the knees.

The only place I've seen list thigh measurements in addition to waist and inside leg is the Boden website but they're too expensive for me.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    FyPunK wrote:

The CC-UK own brand stuff fits like UK sizing should fit and the size guide is pretty accurate.

The Speg stuff (which I think is really good quality for the price) I buy one size up.

I've got the a speg hi viz waterproof of ebay for £8! it's a bit warm (i'm a fatty) but it's not too sweaty and is pretty waterproof to boot. It also has the added advantage of making me look a tool when I walk around town at lunchtime 8)

I'm gonna get a load of jerseys from there when i've got some cash.

DDD have you tried the bid shorts? If so are they any good?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • DonDaddyD
    Never tried the shorts, got my eye on their jacket though.
    Food Chain number = 4

• rally200
    rally200 Posts: 646
    seems all clothes are aimed at the generally unfit average person, difficult to find work shirts made for people with waists smaller than their chests