A level D.t Project

2tired2ride
2tired2ride Posts: 285
edited March 2009 in Commuting chat
Hi for my D.T AS level project I have designed this seatpost.

I posted my project up before (http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12612361&highlight=project) and you've been really helpful so I thought you could help with my testing.

For my testing I need to find out if people would buy it.

Here's a few pictures.

finalidea6t.th.jpg

finalidea5.th.jpg

modseatpostside.th.jpg

Thanks

:D
"If we all had hardtails we'd all go down the hill, just slower"
Nick Larsen

Voodoo D-Jab Ti
Boardman Road Team 09
Boardman Urban Team 08
Falcon 3 Speed

Comments

• 2tired2ride
    2tired2ride Posts: 285
    Please vote even if you say that wouldn't buy it.

I need to make a table and a graph to show if people would buy it to put in my testing.

Also I kinda need to do it today and tomorro as my hand in for this project is tomorro.

Thanks

:D:D
    "If we all had hardtails we'd all go down the hill, just slower"
    Nick Larsen

Voodoo D-Jab Ti
    Boardman Road Team 09
    Boardman Urban Team 08
    Falcon 3 Speed
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    I voted no, but don't let that deter you.

Its better - the sliding attachement is a definite improvement. Its now somewhat similar to the idea of having bespoke lights to fit, for example, Fizik saddles. Its more difficult to steal the light than a normal blinkie, that's for sure, so that's an advantage your design has.

You could add a wedge for the part of the slot that enters the frame - otherise you'd suffer from water ingress problems.

Is there any way you could easily dispense with the plasitc band? I mean, if you have that, you might as well have a normal blinkie.
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    Reasons I would not buy this seat post

1) It isn't made clear what material it is made of. I will only buy seatposts that are extremely strong. The last one I bought was a USE Alien Ti

2) The light seems pathetically small. They look like 50,000 mcd LEDs

3) It is not clear how the light is powered. I like two systems for rear lights. a) AA rechargables or AA Lithiums b) Schimdt generator. A rear light that runs off a CR2032 would be not good

4) The light has no reflector or focus. 5 x 50,000 mcd LEDs+ a reflector is a good rear light

5) I have a saddle bag which would obscure the light. Even my racing bike has a small saddle bag
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    i voted no because I don't like 'integrated' compnents...I would still need to carry a clamp on spare, as things fail, and usually at the wrong time.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.