Portsmouth outdoor Velodrome.............

barrybaines
barrybaines Posts: 273
edited March 2009 in Amateur race
Does anyone have any experiance of this track in the wet?
I ask as I am new to racing and have heard this type of circuit can become lethal when wet, and as it will be a two hour drive for me I don't really want to trash my bike when I get there :?

Comments

• jimycooper
    jimycooper Posts: 740
    did the easter meeting last year, and it started snowing. finished the race aswell...

it will be like a wet road race, higher chance of falling over but thats just a risk you take.
  • brownbosh
    brownbosh Posts: 602
    Cat 4's at mountbatten are lethal without the wet!!!!!! As has been said a crash or two comes with the territory as a racer.
  • barrybaines
    Hmm I don't mind an eventual crash but I don't fancy multiplying my chances just for the sake of it! However if it isn't going to be much slippier than just a normal road surface when it is wet I am willing to try my luck!
  • brownbosh
    brownbosh Posts: 602
    They do through and off sessions on it weds p.m (although i think this is the last week) and Fri 6.30 pm road bike sprint skills session which would be good familiarisation with the surface/track prior to racing. The surface is new a couple of months ago, very smooth but the painted lines are new. Not ridden it in the soaking wet yet but i have in ice!
  • barrybaines
    Sounds fair if it aint lashing it down I may give it a blast.

Thanks for the info chaps 8)