Longer length bib shorts

jackfeeder
jackfeeder Posts: 269
edited March 2009 in Road beginners
Hi, I'm after a pair of bibshorts with a longer length on the thigh.
I've got 3/4 ones but they are too hot in the summer.
Any recommendations on certain makes - I'm 5'9 and inside leg 32" if that's any help?!
All my life I've wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more specific.

Comments

• k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    So just normal bibshorts?

Of all the ones I have my Castelli's are the longest - they stop not far above my knee. My Assos are at least 2" shorter.

Doesn't make any difference to how they feel though - they're not any warmer.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Most bib shorts are pretty long aren't they - generally not that far above the knee.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Hi there

Having read a few reviews re short length, I understand that many continental - notably Italian cycling shorts, tend to be shorter, because that either what they prefer or, more controversially, Italian men are of a generally smaller build / height than us Brits.

I have certainly noted that British gear sizes are larger than Italian - especially jerseys.

Personally, I find that Endura kit (made in Scotland) is very good and not too expensive. My summer bibs are FS260 Pro and the fit is great.

I also have some DHB kit which is also very impressive.
  • shmo
    shmo Posts: 321
    Don't know if they changed but the Endura FS260s that I bought last year are really short compared to the Lusso's, Specialized and Nalini bibs that I subsequently purchased, size Large for all.

All those other brands are about the same in length but I like the Specialized BG Comp best.
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    The Spesh Comp I have are what I'd term normal length, however I also bought some Spesh Roubaix's and they're noticeably longer (as in the ends are so close to my knees they don't grip on my quads and look odd/baggy).
  • fnegroni
    fnegroni Posts: 794
    All the lycra cycling gear I buy ends up being size Large, no matter what make.

Yet I am Italian, short (5' 9).

But I have muscly thighs and that unfortunately strecthes the lycra a bit too much for a size M to fit me.