coast 2 coast - sponsored ride for marie curie

LoUiS1985
LoUiS1985 Posts: 841
edited May 2009 in MTB rides
Hi all,
I'm very tempted to do the grange over sands to scarborough sponsored coast 2 coast ride in July. is anyone else thinking of doing this, or done this in the past and have any information about it, other than what is on the website?? my fitness level is probably above average but still think that 150 miles in three consecutive days seems quite a challenge!

Thanks

Comments

• LoUiS1985
    c'mon - somebody else must be doing it too!!??
  • MattyDeez
    MattyDeez Posts: 54
    I'm not doing that coast 2 coast, i've read about it though.

I'm doing the coast 2 coast with durham university in june.
  • shaun23
    shaun23 Posts: 159
    that would be something that interests me

when about in July though? I go away on the 22nd for 3 and a half weeks so it would need to be before then

Shaun
  • LoUiS1985
    Shaun23, its from 10-12th july, basically its £50 registration fee and if you raise enough money (£650) then accommodation, travel etc are all thown in. I've just got my registration form and will be sending it off ASAP.

website and info below. any more infio req'd PM me :wink:

http://www.mariecurie.org.uk/inyourarea ... -intro.htm
  • James Latham
    James Latham Posts: 170
    Louis, I have also been looking at doing this. Reasonable fitness level but not sure how i'd handle three consecutive days

Do you know much about the surface the ride is on, is it road or mtb trail or both?
    How difficult are you expecting this to be? I have done 50 mile rides before and I have to admit I struggled toward the 3/4 - end

Thanks
    James