Insurance

Moomin Papa
Moomin Papa Posts: 44
edited March 2009 in MTB beginners
Hi All,

This probably isn't the insurance question you're expecting but i'd appreciate any input.

I need to get some insurance on my bike (£600). However (and perversely ideally) i'd like to keep it stored (locked up) in a shared communal garage over night so I don't have to lug it up a few flights of stairs every day.

Does anybody have or is aware of any insurance that allows the owner of the bike to do this? I understandably appreciate that the best thing to do would be keep it in my flat but input about this specific situation would be muchos helpfulos.

Thanks! :)

PS, just saw the new trailer for the new Star Trek film and it's class. Who said bikes and star trek dont mix!...

Comments

• Jimi_08
    Jimi_08 Posts: 28
    If you have home content insurance then you can just add the bike to the insurance and they will ask you a couple of questions, e.g. make, model serial number, sometimes where will it be stored and for things like in the garage will it still have a look while in there.

For bikes over £1000 its worth looking at specific bike insurance policies.
  • Hi Jimi, thanks for your reply. It's funny, I was looking over the internet for some quotes and Endsleigh called me back about a quote i entered online totally unexpectedly. I ended up going with them. I think I was a bit panicky coz I was uninsured and I was only quoted £11 a month for contents and bike so just went with them. The girl I spoke to was REALLY helpful though so call centres aren't all bad after all.

Thanks anyway though, input most appreciated. :D:D:D
  • Jimi_08
    Jimi_08 Posts: 28
    No probs, one thing I would suggest is that you get them to confirm that the bike has been put under your insurance policy as I once had a problem where they had records of me asking for my bike to be covered but never got round to actually covering me, though they did charge me, (I only found they didnt actually cover me though I was paying, after my contents insurance was due for renewal and because I wanted to know if the new quote was covering my bike still). I did get the money back but I would definately suggest for written confirmation.
  • Good advice. I'll give the documents a good going over and query anything that seems amiss. I love these forums, everyone's so helpful! :)