Rain, Rain... GO AWAY!!

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited March 2009 in The Crudcatcher
I need bread and milk from ye corner shopeeeee :cry:

Comments

• if only you were up north, beautiful sunshine in Preston..... and Lytham too I would assume
  • probably... bobski the builder has sacked work off its that bad :lol:
  • no probably about it...glorious blue sky as far as the eye can see........ it is as windy as fook though, so tonight's ride might have to be postponed!
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    nonsence - great up north - get thee up ere'

went out after school - bit windy - its inconsistant wind I don't like :(
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    What, you like a nice constant headwind :shock:

Has been nice up here this afternoon though, bit chilly.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Whytepeak
    My rides normally end and finish at the same point - do the maths, or geography :wink:
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Whytepeak wrote:
    nonsence - great up north - get thee up ere'

went out after school - bit windy - its inconsistant wind I don't like :(

I herd the BEST comment by Clarkson the other day...

"lets not get bogged down with ooo done wat to hoomm" proper cracked up!! :lol:

edit: got my bread and milk in the end :D
  • Whytepeak
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    I herd the BEST comment by Clarkson the other day...

"lets not get bogged down with ooo done wat to hoomm" proper cracked up!! :lol:

:lol::lol: Remember that - but can't picture the scene - when was it?
  • twas the Vietnam special when they got the wrong train and May was moaning about his ornament statue thing :D

GF was like... "wtf is so funny" :lol:
  • deadliest
    deadliest Posts: 471
    Whytepeak wrote:
    My rides normally end and finish at the same point - do the maths, or geography :wink:

Im doing the Math and if it ends and finishes in the same place does that mean you aint even gone out riding ?? :wink:
    Bikes are drugs and Im pedalling

http://sherwoodpines.yolasite.com/
  • yesterday was a total screwup. On the way into Derby you could see just a thick blanket of cloud and it was absolutely pissing down, by the time we'd been in one store the skies were blue and the sun strong. It was a total mindfuck :shock:
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs
  • yup, yesterday... torrential rain..

today...sunny as hell.... but FREEZING!!!

think I need to get a car and warm the place up :lol:
  • Whytepeak
    deadliest wrote:
    Whytepeak wrote:

Im doing the Math and if it ends and finishes in the same place does that mean you aint even gone out riding ?? :wink:

Slightly :oops:

back to the revision for me :)
  • unless...... your on a turbo trainer ;)
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    yup, yesterday... torrential rain..
    I went out yesterday at about 11am - shorts, thin gloves, disco slippers etc - and of course it p*ssed down. And then the wind picked up. There was so much water lying on my jacket it was blowing off sideways and I had to lean into the wind just to ride in a straight line. Downhill into the wind I was slowing down.

Got back about 3:30 just as the sun came out :wink:
  • it was better today, the rain surprisingly hadn't left any wetness more than the time of year dictates. The wind however is annoying as hell, with it blowing pretty wildly here and always seemingly against you. But at the end of the day, 10 miles down, most i've done since i started again plus a 3-4 mile walk with the dog to warm up first thing, day well used :D
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Not had a drop of rain down here for about two weeks :D
  • GIT :lol:

its bloody windy here... bobski the builder decided against the ladders :D
  • Whytepeak
    Looks like the bad weather has hit - cold windy rainy

Summer has arrived oop' north :(
  • I miss the Northern summers. A couple of years ago when we had all the flooding I was up at Dalby and that bit near the end of the black run after the boardwalk where you ride up the stream bed had turned into a small river, great fun picking my way through the rocks there!
    All I get round here when it rains is nasty sticky clay.
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!