England squad

finchy
finchy Posts: 6,686
edited March 2009 in The bottom bracket
What do you think of the England team to play the upcoming internationals? I can't believe that Kevin Davies isn't in there. What do you have to do to get in the England team? Apparently the top-scoring Englishman isn't good enough. :(

Comments

• Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    Are you talking about football?
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • finchy
    Are you talking about football?

Of course
  • To my mind the very fact that you are touting Kevin Davies for England shows what a dearth of true talent there is out there, and it can only get worse! Davies is an okay striker - good in the air, but not great; reasonably quick but not Owen at his peak (and if we're honest, short of an injured Owen's pace); decent at holding the ball up but no Alan Shearer - I could go on. You could argue that his moderate goal ratio would improve were he not at in a struggling side but that's just it, no big club has sought to sign him. In my view he is a good Championship-type player and out of his depth in the big-league. He would be woefully exposed by a top International defence.
    Start Weight: 128 kilos (20.2 st) (April 17th 2009)
    Current Weight:119 kilos (18.7 st) (June 18th 2009)
    Target Weight: 92 kilos (14.5 st) (sometime mid-2010, hopefully sooner)
  • finchy
    To my mind the very fact that you are touting Kevin Davies for England shows what a dearth of true talent there is out there, and it can only get worse! Davies is an okay striker - good in the air, but not great; reasonably quick but not Owen at his peak (and if we're honest, short of an injured Owen's pace); decent at holding the ball up but no Alan Shearer - I could go on. You could argue that his moderate goal ratio would improve were he not at in a struggling side but that's just it, no big club has sought to sign him. In my view he is a good Championship-type player and out of his depth in the big-league. He would be woefully exposed by a top International defence.

He could at least be given a chance in the friendlies - he's scored against Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and Bayern Munich, and they're not exactly sub-standard defences. My point was that although he's on a very good run of form, he still can't even get into the squad for a friendly match, which shows how the England set-up is still very much closed to players from certain teams.
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Who is Kevin Davies?
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    johnfinch wrote:
    What do you think of the England team to play the upcoming internationals? I can't believe that Kevin Davies isn't in there. What do you have to do to get in the England team? Apparently the top-scoring Englishman isn't good enough. :(

hes got man-tits the big fat waste of space, so for that reason im out :(
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'