*sniff sniff* possibly extremely bad for you

tardington
tardington Posts: 1,379
edited March 2009 in Commuting chat
What is the deal with the car fumes that smell like a cross between steak and biscuits? I LOVE it! Almost definately super bad for me, but I can't help sniffing them up when I encounter it.

Comments

• prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    I must admit to loving the smell of raw petrol as it goes in the tank. Almost as good as vulcanised hot water bottles or fresh tyres.
  • tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    Oh yeah!

And the smell when they are laying new white lines? Like Love Hearts!
  • The cars and van that use chip fat are the best!! Smells like you are chasing a chip shop!!
    2009 Giant Anthem X2
    2009 On One Il Pompino in SS CX mode!
    2009 Giant Defy 2.5
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I love the smell of canals.
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    New magazines and burnt 2-stroke, mmmmmmmm
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • biondino
    PANINI FOOTBALL STICKERS!
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Marmoleum/Linoleum, we always get samples and have a sniff in the office :shock:

Babies heads

Hot tarmac
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • artaxerxes
    artaxerxes Posts: 612
    The burnt rubber smell of the Paris Metro...
  • emdeef
    emdeef Posts: 98
    Something is lacking in my life. I just can't imagine a cross between steak and biscuits. I must try sniffing a few cars.
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    This is sicker than all the cyclo-cross worship over the way..... :evil:

+1 for babies heads though, except the puky ones that smell of sour milk - yeugh :wink:
  • Barrie_G
    Barrie_G Posts: 479
    Old cresoted wood on a hot summers day.
  • biondino
    Boiling water.
  • girv73
    girv73 Posts: 842
    Boiled rice, just as you open the takeaway packet.
    Today is a good day to ride
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    biondino wrote:
    Boiling water.

Presumably Zuulians have very sensitive noses :shock:
  • biondino
    I don't understand this. Boiling water has a very obvious and completely unique smell. Try sniffing the steam from a kettle (not too close to the spout obv). It's the most glorious odour.
  • It may be a bit weird, but then again compared to few people :) It may be normal

After a really long ride it has got to be smell of deep heat on the girlfriends body.
    The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now
  • Hey Jax
    Hey Jax Posts: 107
    Play-Doh mmm!
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    A bit obvious I suppose but: cut grass
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    For those "of a certain age" - those banda (bander?) copies in primary school.......
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Stalexcal
    Stalexcal Posts: 25
    I innocently told the "War Dept" that I loved the smell of ironing while she was doing it the other day......

Her response was to try to burn me with the iron and call me a few expletives!
    There are 10 types of people who understand binary...those that do and those that don't.
  • Stalexcal wrote:
    I innocently told the "War Dept" that I loved the smell of ironing while she was doing it the other day......

Her response was to try to burn me with the iron and call me a few expletives!

you a brave person. But your quite right. Ironing does smell really nice when somebody else is doing it
    The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now