Bitten by a dog!!

MIchael Cummings
MIchael Cummings Posts: 74
edited April 2009 in MTB beginners
All...

I've fallen off, smashed mudguards, broken lights and had many bruises.

yesterday while out on some excellent trails, we went past a farmhouse/cottage. Then out came some fierce looking black dog and bit my ankle!!!!

So, aside from the many comments about this, I have one question...

Is that it? Can I now consider myself a proper biker????

What else is left?? Can I stop looking at the beginners bit now???

Comments

• sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Not untill you've been bitten by a grass snake or adder :wink: Or irate farmer up North :lol::lol::lol:
  • carry some linx derodrant it the best anti dog spray around

when i used to run i carry that small "bullet spray" linx around for dogs, if they try attack you spray it at them and they run like hell away. :)
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners
  • ragged1100
    ragged1100 Posts: 147
    carry some linx derodrant it the best anti dog spray around

when i used to run i carry that small "bullet spray" linx around for dogs, if they try attack you spray it at them and they run like hell away. :)

Has the same effect on women (apparently ;))

Ragged
    Gawton Gravity Hub - "England's best permanent downhill tracks"

www.gawtongravityhub.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/gawtongravityhub
  • Was wondering what type of dog he was referring to :wink:

I got bitten a couple of weeks ago, it was so quick there's no way I'd have had time to give it the Lynx effect
    Be happy, communicate happiness.
  • Had one attack my front tyre, not sure who came off worst, me or the dog.
  • I'm a dog owner but when I was attacked i'm afriad it got a bop on the nose from my race shoe. It didn't try bitting again. Dog was fine.

These are outdoor dogs and are just protecting there farm as they should. If the farm has Byways and footpaths it's up to the farmer to keep them under control. Some do others dont give a s***. However most sheep dogs are trained not to bite and are all noise.

My advice is pedal like hell and hope you don't have to stop and open a gate.

Ride on!
  • skullthaw
    skullthaw Posts: 321
    when i was up in lords wood (hampshire) i was bitten by a collie and then the bloke who owned the dog had a go at me then the club came along and he buggered of quickly

the best way to stop a dog if you see it is to put the bike between you and it or just use this!
    http://www.udap.com/
    2 Broken fingers broken again... F@$%^£g hell that hurt!!!

92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.
    METAL!!!!!