Race Write Up

disgruntledgoat
disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
edited March 2009 in Amateur race
Wrote up my experience of my hometown race at my blog (link below!) hope it is of interest to some of you!
"In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

Comments

• grahamcp
    grahamcp Posts: 323
    Good writing style DG, I enjoyed reading, keep it up, I'll have to remember to check back once in a while.

Your about page could do with something on it though!
  • Boywilson
    Boywilson Posts: 304
    I rode the CDNW today as well, bit grippy on the lumpy bit into the wind wasnt it?!?!
  • acorn_user
    acorn_user Posts: 1,137
    Sounds fun. It's always nice to animate the field like that. Of course, what you did would have made most sense if you had a sprinter team mate who could climb well.
  • I did have one behind, but as I said, he was dead by the end too. I was trying to pull him over the last climb and he was just done. Looking at the results and the field finished with 30 after starting with 70, so I must have done at least some damage!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Now I know it's not a race, but it felt just as bloody tough. Written up my reliability rid today for your perusal!

@gietvangent