next w/end rossendale way to pennine bridleway

scottgeniusltd2005
scottgeniusltd2005 Posts: 575
edited April 2009 in MTB rides
hi guys,

i fancy doing a route from loveclough to rossendale way cut onto pennine bridleway up the famous gorple track to the pack horse pub at widdup, have a pint or not, then ride back down the gorple track, which is fast and awesome, maybe cut back accross to hambleden hill and down the fairy steps if enough energy. any body fancy it? great views and no tar to 1 mile tar max depending on where we meet up, the glory pub car park is ideal. i'm easy to either sat or sun. should take 3 1/2 to 4 hrs plus an hour for fairy steps

cheers

shaun
Cotic Soul rider.

Comments

• altern_8
    altern_8 Posts: 1,562
    fairy steps >ill take it they are hard mate if you give it a hour to bike/walk them, :lol:
  • no not really just a bit of fun, getting to them from the bridleway takes the time.
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • altern_8
    had a look for fairy steps on google mate,but dont really know what to look for,sorry but never heard of them before :oops:
  • http://www.idonohoe.com/moorland-gallery.htm

2nd picture in from top left
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • altern_8
    that looks to easy to ride up the right hand side of pic :lol: 4ought you said it was hard :oops:

think id be picking my way down that mate,unless i was on a trials bike and named lampton :lol:
  • it's not that hard, not long enough but for some reason really good fun, guaranteed smile factor. the views from halfway down are probably some of the best round here. good site that one isn't it?
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • altern_8
    some good pics on there mate,pity its a bit to far for us to drive for most of the pics you have on therewe normally drive about a hour and half/2 hours,any further then that and we are falling asleep on way back home,not good when one of you is driving :) ,ive got a few pics on photobucket,but aint worked out yet how to post the link on my messages :lol:
  • sorry mate, not my piccies, but lucky enough to have it all on my doorstep, some of it literally. :lol:
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • altern_8
    we get upto moors and across to dales,sumtimes go to hawes and round that area,but thats pushing it a bit for time,we was across in coniston for new year and managed to do 2 rides in 4 days,did grizedale and upto top of walna scar road then back into torver where we stayed a few months before hand,then back to coniston.....

• There are some great pics on there.

I'm from Accrington originally, but live in Littleborough now. It is my aim at some point over the summer to ride over to my mums over the moors! from the look of the pics I'm in for a treat!
  • Might be able to do Sunday, but definitely not Saturday. I'll let you know later in the week.
  • i posted ages ago but can do sunday, working saturday
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • What route do you take? (if you were doing Accrington to say Littleborough...)