We've won !

Furbes
Furbes Posts: 289
edited March 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Woo hoo , we've won the Grand Slam : :!:
All be it for the 1st Time in 60 odd Years !!!
Wales 15 - Ireland 17 .
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    Just watched it. Brilliant climax to the game and glad that you have done the taffs in their own back yard, although I thought they had beaten you with the drop goal ;)

Good work !
  • Furbes
    Furbes Posts: 289
    -Liam- wrote:
    Just watched it. Brilliant climax to the game and glad that you have done the taffs in their own back yard, although I thought they had beaten you with the drop goal ;)

Good work !

I thought so myself , it was VERY close at the end , but Irish Eyes are smiling :):):)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    once i figured england werent gonna win i didnt mind who did as long as it wasnt the welsh, they would have loved it too much.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Great finish to the tournamnet! So many permutations too, Wales went from potential winners to fourth (and a loss of half a million quid!) in just a few mins. That last kick! Credit to O'Gara for not buckling under that bullying, and of course O'Driscoll for what must be player of the series. Oh, and my namesake, Hayes ;-)

England were good though, and I tip them next year to take it. Starting to come together now under Johnson - the indisciplne is fading, and second place, top try scorers and biggest PD (plus the Calcutta Cup) bodes well.