Ideal cycling weather today

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited March 2009 in The bottom bracket
Did you achieve your goal for the day today?

I fortunately did, but it left me 5miles short of the ton. :( But the century wasn't my goal today, I'll get that next weekend.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Didn't get out today - went to get things for Mothers Day, and then watched Milan-San Remo. Will be getting a few hours in tomorrow morning before going to see my mom - weather not forecast as good, but still not too bad.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • scwxx77
    scwxx77 Posts: 1,469
    My goal was to not have to wash my bike. Thank you nice dry roads!

Out at the crack of dawn for a swift 50 and felt ok considering I've not been out for a few weeks.
    Winner: PTP Vuelta 2007 :wink:
  • jimycooper
    jimycooper Posts: 740
    i had a great session this morning. started a new interval session last week, and its brilliant! threw up after it today(patialy because i only had breakfast 20 minutes before i left) but it's seriously painful.

the weather was also nice :wink:
  • nasahapley
    nasahapley Posts: 717
    Had a belter today - planned to go up to Tan Hill and come back the same way and that's exactly what I did. Beforehand I thought it might be a bit of a daft idea as it's about 50% further than I've been this year and with a lot more climbing, but did the 101 miles and 8600ft of climb in a shade under 7.5 hours (including the 45 minute stop at Tan Hill Inn). I'm happy to admit that I'm immensely chuffed with that, especially as I've not done much more than commute to work twice a week so far this year!
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    Was absoluely lush toay :D
    Planned Bath to Somerton to see one of my brothers an was going to come back again but stopped for a bbq and now sat round their. :shock:
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Didn't get out and I'm pretty fecking annoyed about it too. :evil:

Having seen today's forecast I gave the arranged curry a miss last night, ate sensibly instead, one bottle of Cockerhoop, early night, up at 6am, sipping on my usual carb drink and a cereal bar and within minutes I get an upset stoumach.

Might as well of had a bloody king prawn madras after all!! :x

Sunday doesn't look too clever for here. :(
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    Excuses, excuses................................. :wink:
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    It was rather cold and overcast today
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • scwxx77
    scwxx77 Posts: 1,469
    Lagavulin wrote:
    Might as well of had a bloody king prawn madras after all!! :x (

That'll teach you! I had a curry and bottle of wine last night, slept for about 3 hours, lay awake from midnight to 5, got up, washed, ate and went out for a nice ride! :shock:
    Winner: PTP Vuelta 2007 :wink:
  • Got 60 miles in this morning though in the last 15 miles i was actually overtaken by a bloke on a mountain bike with flatties (non clip pedals)! :shock:
    He averaged 21mph for 12 miles. I stayed around 50 metres behind him for that distance before turning off the road. Surely he must race! :(

I could have dropped him but it was my recovery ride............honest! 8)
  • thats where i wanna be....scalping roadies :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Excuses, excuses................................. :wink:
    Not sure about excuse but the the prospect of getting diarrhoea on my new Toupe Team was certainly a factor.
    scwxx77 wrote:
    That'll teach you! I had a curry and bottle of wine last night, slept for about 3 hours, lay awake from midnight to 5, got up, washed, ate and went out for a nice ride! :shock:
    Git! :(

I've had about 8 litres of water today, two boiled eggs and some soup seemed to help settle my stoumach. I had bolagnase with a huge ratio of linguine to ragu for dinner (and a home measure of Grenache Shiraz) so I'll rise early and try again in the morning.
  • jellikins
    jellikins Posts: 153
    60 miles saturday, 1st half into head wind.

Averaged 16.5,ph, but legs ached badly at the end.

25 mile recovery ride sunday, not so bad.
  • millar time
    millar time Posts: 392
    67 rather hilly miles in glorious Devon sunshine today. Took my arm warmers off and as a result have my cyclists tan in place much earlier than usual.

Pretty much a perfect weekend really.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Bloody windy in the north west today. Seems like its windy every Sunday lately.