Planet-X Services!!!

CTML
CTML Posts: 53
edited March 2009 in The bottom bracket
Hi, just wondered if anyone has feedback from buying at planet-x's Big500 sale. I ask because I have just had a bad experience whereby not only was my order was processed a good 5 days late, they had the balls to email me back saying they realised the part I ordered was out of stock! To make it worse I was pretty much checking the stock of the item everyday (as i wanted to buy more) and it was still in stock labelled as 'lots in stock' until 2 days ago. I mean....what the bleep have they been doing just looking at my order form between those 5 days? So I'm pretty aggravated right now and wanted to vent. has anyone had the same thing happen to them?

Comments

• DaSy
    DaSy Posts: 599
    I just got a Kashimax FG4P njs saddle for my track bike, and not only was it a bargain £50, but they updated the order from the FG8P I originally ordered as I realised it was a 30mm rail width and I needed standard, all this and it took 2 days from order to me receiving it.

I have only ever had good service from Planet X, plus they do some nice track bits that aren't that easy to get elsewhere.
    Complicating matters since 1965
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Only ever had good experience from them here. Maybe its worth dropping them an email to communicate your annoyance and ask them what the delay was?
  • CTML
    Beatmaker wrote:
    Only ever had good experience from them here. Maybe its worth dropping them an email to communicate your annoyance and ask them what the delay was?

I did! and all they sent back was an e-mail saying all the other items i also ordered have been dispatched GRRR!!!
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I had the same - ordered an item which was in stock, got an acknowledgement and then 4 days later it didn't arrive. I'd placed 2 orders with instructions / reference to consolidate them - but it didn't happen, charged 2 lots of shipping too. That said, there's some good deals and looking to place another order.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • sorry for the hassle , though on the plus side at least you were informed of the out of stock , id hope you were offered an apology and alternative , sounds like maybe not which is not so good

please mail me details of the items , if we were showing "lots" im surprised it was out of stock

ill see what i can find out , maybe see if i can locate your missing item , or offer an alternative

having said that the sale went a bit mental and caught us by surprise , staff were working weekends packing orders , and really trying hard , a lot of our products are exclusive to us and very hard to find , so its not a case of ordering one in

actually a large part of the issue will be solved very soon - the current issue arises because the on-one and planetx websites dont speak to each other , so if we have one item in stock , and it is ordered from both sites , it gets sold twice , were going to one site soon which solves this

We know we mess up a bit , were trying to improve

mail me at

dave@planet-x-bikes.com
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Always had excellent service from Planet X. But hey - nobodys perfect !
  • CTML
    sorry for the hassle , though on the plus side at least you were informed of the out of stock , id hope you were offered an apology and alternative , sounds like maybe not which is not so good

please mail me details of the items , if we were showing "lots" im surprised it was out of stock

ill see what i can find out , maybe see if i can locate your missing item , or offer an alternative

having said that the sale went a bit mental and caught us by surprise , staff were working weekends packing orders , and really trying hard , a lot of our products are exclusive to us and very hard to find , so its not a case of ordering one in

actually a large part of the issue will be solved very soon - the current issue arises because the on-one and planetx websites dont speak to each other , so if we have one item in stock , and it is ordered from both sites , it gets sold twice , were going to one site soon which solves this

We know we mess up a bit , were trying to improve

mail me at

dave@planet-x-bikes.com

Thanks for your reply, was nice to finally get an explaination of what was happening. It was the order on Shimano M540 pedals. I have been refunded back and my other items arrived fine albeit a little late. Surely spliting your shop up into 2 seperate websites in the beginning was just going to cause problems? Anyways Dave, thanks for taking the time to explain things and i have since got some new pedals elsewhere.