Afan Forest Accomodation

dot1
dot1 Posts: 538
edited March 2009 in MTB rides
hi guys, me and a couple of mates are planning a trip to afan at the end of may, but i dont know/cant find anywhere to stay. we're just after a campsite to pitch a tent up in for a couple of nights. does anyone know of anywhere/stayed somewhere? ideally it would be a rideable distance to the afan trails, but its not crucial. i found somewhere called glyncorrwg ponds, but there website doesnt work, and their email address doesnt work either which is a shame as they would have been ideal.

any info would be appreciated!

cheers guys!
Trek Remedy 7 2009
viewtopic.php?t=12634629

Boardman Pro Singlespeed - Sold
viewtopic.php?t=12752297&highlight=

Giant Defy 5 2012

Comments

• pjm-84
    pjm-84 Posts: 819
    There's a campsite at the back of Drop Off Cafe (assumed Glyycorrwg Ponds) which is ideal for the trails.

http://www.dropoffcafe.com/index.php
    Paul
  • hi,
    the campsite behind the drop off cafe is glyncorrwg ponds... ideal place to stay!
    it'll cost you a fiver per person per night... the food in the cafe is great, don't shut till 10pm and they sell beer too!!! stayed there a couple of times and have had great fun, campfire by your tent and all! TOP TIP... have a chat with the guy at reception and he'll arrange for your bikes to go into a locked and alarmed warehouse thing on site. i've heard a couple of horror stories, although i've been there 3 or 4 times and had no agg at all. every trail is accessible from here by bike so park the car next to the tent and away you go.

hope this helps

all the best.
  • mcbazza
    mcbazza Posts: 251
    Watch out for the midgies!!
    They love me. I'm the one that gets eaten alive, whilst most people don't know what the fuss is about.

There are a few 'traps' around. Try not to pitch near them, as you get even more around the traps.

The queue for breakfast in the morning can be a little long. If only they could work out how to have 50 of everything ready to go. But, they seem to insist on cooking/prepping one order at a time.

But, great place of an evening. Great vibe.

Just watch out for Ian (that runs the Cafe) wanting to go riding with you.
    Rides like a loon!! (in a good way)
    Stumpy, Rockhopper (stolen!) & custom SX Trail II - that should do it!