Lakes Rides.

BurnesideWheelers
BurnesideWheelers Posts: 20
edited March 2009 in MTB rides
Hi all, we are a small bunch of MTBers in the lakes that are oftern out on mid week rides and weekend adventures. We have all levels or experienced rides from purely fun to keen as mustard all day riders, so if your in the area and fancy letting us know where your going, or if you want some advice on routes, or even in you just want to have some banter, follow the link. :D

Cheers, Rob.

http://groups.google.com/group/lakes-mtb

Comments

• Hi, I'm up there pretty regularly, but live a good hour's drive from Burneside. Usually on my own, because there's only football and golf round here.

Will be going over Walna Scar from Nibthwaite on Saturday. Let's hope the weather holds.

My wife's claim to fame is that she once spent most of a Bank Holiday Saturday buttering bread and making jam sandwiches in the bus shelter in Burneside. Don't ask :roll:
    Frank Yates
  • Hi, thats a quality ride. I play hockey and its my last game of the season this weekend so looking forward to full weekend rides from now on. I might bosh up the tress on Sunday if I'm not to goosed after Sat nights deborchery. Get involves in the group, the more the merrier and we like to have options. Where are you based?

Rob.
  • trailpuppet
    trailpuppet Posts: 381
    pop in and say hullo
    http://www.bikemagic.com/forum/forummes ... 64/V/6/SP/
    http://www.ridethelakes.co.uk/cms/
    pics from my Grizdale/Parkamoor/Niberthwaite/Torver/Walna Scar/Conniston ride on Mon
    simonandrobin.jpg
    grouponwalna.jpg
    [url]contemplation.jpg[/url]
  • Good photo's. How many in your group, looks like a good few??

Rob.
  • JxL
    JxL Posts: 383
    Sounds good! I would definitely be up for a ride next week or so. Will probably travel on my bill as well from Chorley.
  • Hi, thats a quality ride.

It's only 20 miles :oops:

When I were a lad we used to do that ride before we got out of bed. Then we'd do Helvellyn before breakfast. Breakfast, what's that? Two slices of bread and dripping, without the bread. Then 18 hours down the pit before helping Einstein with his Theory of Relativity. Kids these days don't know they're born.

Anytime you need someone to lower the pace and the conversation post on here, I'm a past master at both.
    Frank Yates
  • trailpuppet
    trailpuppet Posts: 381
    Burnside..9 riders. Spoke to the guy at the front of the group earlier. It was his second Lakes ride and he was so knackered he could`nt sleep when he got home. Said he felt it for a couple of days but thouroughly enjoyed it. Going to work on his fitness, drinking and smoking before he ventures out on a "big" ride again!!!!!

The guy grinning in the first photo...it was his first mtb ride in the Lakes but he is a bit of a runner/climber and has been on the Scar road area before, just not on a bike. He only bought that Giant a couple of weeks ago, upgrading from a very old hardtail of some undistinguishable make

The guy in the white top was using this ride to log for his TCL assesment. He already has a BC Lev2 coach cert. Also a Lakes virgin.