Stunning Gios Restoration

Monty Dog
Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
edited March 2009 in Road general
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0300854320

Bidding starts at $2000 - steady lads!

Whilst I feel that some of the milling work is a little bit over the top, the overall effect is pretty impressive - some real inspiration for the Gios Aerodynamic frame I've got hanging in the garage
Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..

Comments

• markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Bike is very impressive and a visual treat, but to my mind its totally pointless and unridable. Whoever buys it is going to be frightened to ride it and it will end up hanging on a living room wall which is a crying shame, bikes are meant to be ridden.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    That should go for a bike museum!
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Well, that certainly puts my new Gios Compact Pro to shame. For whatever reason
    $2000 doesn't seem all that excessive even if it's never ridden. I have a friend who collects bikes and I am pretty sure that something like this would probably go to a collector as opposed to a rider.

Dennis Noward
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    It WILL be mine, oh yes, it WILL be mine!
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    The only problem I can see with it is a small crack in the paint (rust may be?) when showing the bottom bracket from underneath. I am not in the known though ... so may be a more expert view would deem that as OK.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    Ver' pretty - but silly money IMO. The CBT Italia I had not all that long ago was prettier and more useable - bought it (and sold it) for 180 quid!
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    Gorgeous.

52/42 and 12-21, from the days when men were men, and rode fixed through the winter!
  • 4candles
    4candles Posts: 240
    Looking at that just reminded me of an old blue builders van down the end of out street yeart ago with the number plate that read 'G 105 SLX'
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    robbarker wrote:
    Gorgeous.

52/42 and 12-21, from the days when men were men, and rode fixed through the winter!

And winter was just ONE of our seasons :(
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Didn't find a buyer at $2000 - just shows the credit crunch is biting and also that it's not my size!
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..