Rotherham Rides

Big Northy
Big Northy Posts: 5
edited March 2009 in MTB rides
Hi,
Thought it was time to join the club.
Thought I would treat myself to a new bike (GT Avalanche 2.0 ) after many years of body abuse with take aways & beer...
I need to get fit and loose a stone in weight and I am looking for some local rides, not too hard or steep to start with.
I live in the Whiston area of Rotherham and have tried Pinch mill ponds up to Wickersley and back through Sitwell golf club woods. It would be nice for a few shorter runs I can do afterwork now the light nights are coming up.
Hope you can point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Comments

• The woods on the side of the road heading up towards the hospital are supposed to be pretty good for some decent riding, if not head towards treeton woods and there pretty fun for a quick blast round.
    Failing that ehad towards rother valley plenty of places to go from there.
    I do mostly road riding so there the few places i go mtbing or cross riding but there may be many more places!!!!
  • tank3872
    tank3872 Posts: 9
    or8 there big northy i used to live in swallownest an i found to start with rothervalley is ideal as there is the big obvious traks an then when ur ready a good trail to stavley an other various routes in and around there also if you have the transport try dalby forest its ment to be a good ride up an round there just keep asking the old sweats on here for locations an just stick with it i would also use that massive hill from the bottom of aughton up to the rotherham hospital as a good cv work out.

also try the ully resivoir as mate i know it aint hardcore mtb but its good as a start point

cheers mate an good luck