What to eat

paulieb2006
paulieb2006 Posts: 318
edited March 2009 in Road beginners
I have been on a diet for the last 2 1/2 months and am cutting out all of the rubbish that I used to eat and drink (3-4 Red Bull, Fry ups in the morning) Am getting on well and getting out on the bike to help make my 12 pack disappear. Problem that I have is that when I come home in the evenings I wont eat dinner before going out on the bike ( wouldnt be able to turn the pedals and would prob puke) but I find that I dont have much energy having not eaten since lunch time. Does anybody have any ideas for something that would get me through my 20-30 km hopefully 3-4 evenings a week in the summer. I do take Gels with me but I need something more.
Thanks

Comments

• dcab
    dcab Posts: 255
    carbs with dinner and a couple of bannanas mid afternoon puts me right ?
    veritas vos liberabit
  • Fifer
    Fifer Posts: 60
    As above, Pasta dish in the afternoon with a bannana as a snack.
    Winter Bike: Specialized Allez Elite
    Summer Bike: Specialized Tarmac Pro SL
  • Fifer
    Fifer Posts: 60
    Double post...
    Winter Bike: Specialized Allez Elite
    Summer Bike: Specialized Tarmac Pro SL
  • chriskempton
    chriskempton Posts: 1,245
    handful of prunes out of a packet, same of almonds, 1 banana
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I agree, some dried or fresh fruit, perhaps a bowl of cereal (something with a low GI like oats or bran, not Coco Pops). I cycle 40-60 odd miles on weekend mornings after a couple of cups of coffee and a slice or 2 of toast. I take a couple of bananas and/or breakfast bar type things with me (depending on how far I'm riding) to eat on the way. For a ride of 20-30km you're unlikely to need much else really, it's not the sort of distance to cause you to completely run out of fuel.
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    +all of the above plus plenty of water during the day
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/