Wireless cadence computer

torin
torin Posts: 102
edited March 2009 in Road buying advice
im looking for a mid price computer which does all the basic stufff along with cadence

cheers for any advice

Comments

• hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    I have a cateye strada cadence which is wired and works very well. Cateye are releasing a wireless version - not sure when or where it's available though. If it works as well as the wired version it will be excellent.

http://www.cateye.com/en/product_detail/552
  • Up your budget and pay hommage to the God that is Garmin 705.

:x :x :x
  • Underscore
    Underscore Posts: 730
    hammerite wrote:
    I have a cateye strada cadence which is wired and works very well. Cateye are releasing a wireless version - not sure when or where it's available though. If it works as well as the wired version it will be excellent.

How would that be different from Cateye's V2c?

Anyway, I've just got a road bike and put a Blackburn Neuro 5.0 on it (£90 from Ribble, wireless speed/cadence plus HRM) and first impressions are good. If you don't need the HRM, the 4.0 is the same as the 5.0 without the HRM strap - and you can add an HRM strap to it later if you want.

HTH,

_
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Underscore wrote:
    hammerite wrote:

How would that be different from Cateye's V2c?

Anyway, I've just got a road bike and put a Blackburn Neuro 5.0 on it (£90 from Ribble, wireless speed/cadence plus HRM) and first impressions are good. If you don't need the HRM, the 4.0 is the same as the 5.0 without the HRM strap - and you can add an HRM strap to it later if you want.

HTH,

_

I have no idea how it's different. I know the V2C was a bit pricey, but not seen the price of the Strada cadence wireless - I'd hope it was less than the V2C. I do know that the unit on the strada is tiny, but very easy to use so I'd recommend it from that point of view.
  • Underscore
    Underscore Posts: 730
    hammerite wrote:
    I have no idea how it's different. I know the V2C was a bit pricey, but not seen the price of the Strada cadence wireless - I'd hope it was less than the V2C. I do know that the unit on the strada is tiny, but very easy to use so I'd recommend it from that point of view.

OK, just had a look on Amazon (US) and the list prices are showing as $120 for the Strada double wireless and $140 for the V2c, so - yeah - a little bit cheaper.

_