Shoes....

Headhuunter
Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
edited March 2009 in Road beginners
Anyone got a view on a pair of budget clipless shoes, SPD compatible for commuting use? Design/colour/brand is irrelevant - not too concerned about ventilation and don't care if they're comfortable to walk in particularly, but if they are, that would be a bonus. Don't want to pay more than £35.
Do not write below this line. Office use only.

Comments

• rally200
    rally200 Posts: 646
    Can you stretch the budget by £1.16 ?

I've just ordered Shimnao MO85 (ie recessed cleat mtb) for £36.16 from je James apparently reduced from £60 - no idea how good they are - haven't arrived yet - but they are silver
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    I've got some dhb R1 from Wiggle, I find them pretty comfortable upto about 50 miles, I assume your commute isn't any longer! :D £37.59 at the moment http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/dhb_R ... 360033177/
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Thanks for the suggestions, I had seen both of those. Have already got some dhb R1 which I use on my weekend runs of 40-60 miles and they seem good. You can certainly do them up good n tight with the 3 velcro straps. In fact I have overtightened them in the past and made my foot numb! Have no experience of the Shimano ones, sound like a bargain at £36. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some other amazuing bargain of a shoe that everyone else knew about!
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • thiscocks
    thiscocks Posts: 549
    rally200 wrote:
    Can you stretch the budget by £1.16 ?

I've just ordered Shimnao MO85 (ie recessed cleat mtb) for £36.16 from je James apparently reduced from £60 - no idea how good they are - haven't arrived yet - but they are silver

-theyre a great shoe for me. Used them for years..
  • sean65
    sean65 Posts: 104
    Bike Plus are selling the Diadora Trail Rider at half price SPD shoes. Good off the bike