Boo Hoo Hoo - Lost my Garmin Edge 705 today in Cranleigh

VerwoodAsh
VerwoodAsh Posts: 196
Had the bike on the back of the car going from my parents to my friends through Cranleigh this morning along the Ewhurst road, picked him up and then went up Winterfold. Got to the car park and realised I couldn't find my GPS. I thought I had it in the boot then I remembered it was on the bar mount from earlier but I hadn't put it on properly :( Lots of searching around and it had gone. It must have fallen off on the road and someone saw it and picked it and now have a rather nice pressie.

Worst of it was my Christmas present and I can't afford to get a new one. :cry:

So it the remotest off chance someone was on a bike in the area (and there were hundreds around) and you came accross a unit please let me know. I can confirm it is mine by the information stored in the profile section (ie my name, date of birth etc) and that the last ride in the history section starts from my house.

Comments

• popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    Aw sorry to hear about that - what a bummer. If you don't get it returned by a good samaritan, would you be able to claim on insurance? House insurance perhaps if you have a policy which covers possessions away from home.
    Good luck
  • If you have personal effects cover should be okay. If there is an exclusion for bikes and components just explain that you use it for loads of activites such as walking, running, skiing etc - assuming you do. I use my 205 for all these.

Good luck.
    No one told me about that hill!!!
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    With something that expensive shouldn't you have it surgically grafted onto the top of your thigh (kind of like pilots have their map pockets on the flight suits there).

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!