innertubes

treeless
treeless Posts: 3
edited March 2009 in Road beginners
Which innertube would you advise for durability particularly for use on crappy city streets
(700x23c tyres)

Comments

• ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Most of the tyre manufacturers make good inner tubes, Michelin, Continental,Vittoria,Schwalbe. IMO there is no inner tube that stands out as being better than the rest. However i would say that fitting a good set of tyres is half the battle. It,s no good buying the most expensive inner tubes if you run crappy tyres. What tyres do you run.
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • treeless
    treeless Posts: 3
    vittoria topazo pro, i think they're pretty good tyres. On that note is there a particular tyre you think is better for lessening the chance of punctures? Ta.
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Hi

I use Michelin Krylion carbon, available here www.probikekit.com These are one of the very best tyres for preventing punctures, however they are also very difficult to get hold of. If you are quick you may be lucky and get two from the above shop. Failing that you can try continental 4000 or Vittoria rubino pro they are all very puncture resistant. Sorry, but don,t know much about your current tyres.
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    http://www.roadcyclinguk.com/news/article/mps/uan/3875

You can get them again now if you look in the right places too