another knee issue

lesz42
lesz42 Posts: 690
edited March 2009 in Health, fitness & training
in the past i have had a fair bit of trouble with my knees, just in every day life, but in the past 2 years, most issues have gone away ( swelling of the right knee, about every 6 to 8 weeks?)

i have noticed that if i do some steep, long-ish ascents, my knee becomes sore, bit puffy ( swells?) and get spasms, that jolt my leg, lol and it does hurt!

goes after about 10 to 15 min, i have had treatment before, and scans, was told its " wear and tear"

have had Prepatellar Bursitis, so, apart from all that, anything i can take, that helps to reduce the spasms/soreness? ( noticed if i take an asprin, before a ride, it helps a bit)

do things like glucosamine help? :?:
Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5

Comments

• llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Ibuprofen? It's an anti-inflammatory. Still probably worth having a professional look at it though.
  • matt581
    matt581 Posts: 219
    +1 for the professional advice. I had a bad crash last November and had a few knee problems. I whent to see a physio who helped a bit but recently have sen a chiropracter who told me I had a slightly displaced hip. After a few treatments every thing is loads better. They can some times be a bit expensive but in the long run well worth it I think.
  • lesz42
    lesz42 Posts: 690
    will look into it, i want to do loads of cycling this year, but without the aches and pains of last year

cheers
    Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5