what bike?cannondale 700....boardman?

richiebaby_brum
richiebaby_brum Posts: 10
edited March 2009 in Road beginners
hi,

I am looking at investing in a road bike. Im cycling from london to paris later in the year but will be using it for commuting (10 miles each way) and doing some long jaunts on the weekend (30 miles plus) along roads and country lanes. Once ive done the ride later this year i will continue with it for fitness so i want to get the right bike now,

I have been looking at the cannondale 700 or the boardman team or pro? Any comments on these choices? I will have to get this bike from a shop that particpates in the ride to work scheme, so if i choose something by bianchi for example then it will have to be a place close to brum which does the scheme.

Any thoughts on comparison between the cannondale and boardman bikes? I cant find any info on the weight of the cannondale 700 either!Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Hi Rich,
    I have the 08 Boardman Team (still availible for £699) and can highly recommend it. Stem is a little long so you may need to change that if you don't like to be too stretched out. Just be aware that Halford's aren't the best at setting bikes up. I wouldn't leave the shop till it was correctly set up! Don't know about the C/dale but all Boardman bikes reviewed have had excellent reviews. Good luck on your hunt.
    Mike