The Dales Challenge

plowmar
plowmar Posts: 1,032
Without thinking I have entered the Dales Challenge, whilst the distance isn't a problem - 100km;having just receed the course by car - how's that for professionalism ? ; I am gobsmacked at the ascents culminating half way through with the Buttertubs Pass.

Have I taken on too much? :oops:

Should I give in now? :oops:

Am I allowed to pray for rain? cos I'm a bit of a softy. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Has anyone done it and can give me some advice?

Comments

• Never done it either.....but I'm on the 5 Dale 100 version too!!
  • What's the Dales Challenge? Is there a website? ta.
  • plowmar
    web site with details see http://www.le-cateau.n-yorks.sch.uk/

sportbilly1976 from above site this challenge starts at Catterick Garrison goes through Reeth,Bainbridge,Buttertubs Pass, Bainbridge,Askrigg, Leyburn? and back to Catterick.

taking in the dales of Swaledale and Wensleydale on the 18th April.
  • plowmar wrote:
    Without thinking I have entered the Dales Challenge, whilst the distance isn't a problem - 100km;having just receed the course by car - how's that for professionalism ? ; I am gobsmacked at the ascents culminating half way through with the Buttertubs Pass.

Have I taken on too much? :oops:

Should I give in now? :oops:

Am I allowed to pray for rain? cos I'm a bit of a softy. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Has anyone done it and can give me some advice?

brilliant event one of the best, get on the full fat version, 5 dales, the wrong way up Hawes, follwed by Parkrash, quality!
    i'll ride anything, but I prefer carbon.......... she screamed!!

www.sportivecentral.com
  • I think these are two different rides, aren't they? One's basically a ride up Swaledale, over Buttertubs then back down Wensleydale. Assume that's the one the OP was on about.
  • plowmar
    Yep, defo different ones.

So if it is a newey no one will have done it, so still in a quandary.