First race of the season...........a summary in pictures

Bronzie
Bronzie Posts: 4,927
edited March 2009 in Amateur race
So, last Saturday was the first outing for me following a pretty good winter of training including totally reviewing the way I train and doing lots more on the turbo than in previous seasons.

Here's a quick summary....................

How I felt on the first couple of laps:
Fabian%20Cancellara%20Prologue%20(6).JPG

How I felt on the last lap.................
56672318_65dbdc28e3.jpg

Summary of my race tactics in general......................
kermit-thumb.jpg

Comments

• simon t
    simon t Posts: 132
    a bit like every TT i do then :oops:
  • JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    Jake151 wrote:
    Shaved legs but arms as hairy as a gorrila?

dont really make sense

what is it that you use on a bike ?arms or legs :wink:
  • Bronzie
    Summary of race no. 2...................well the tactics were better - didn't ride like such a muppet (ie do waaaay too much on the front) and was feeling pretty good still with 1 lap (10 miles) to go.

The group I was in (handicap race) had caught everyone else set off before us and we were still working fairly well together although a few people were starting to sit on too much.

And then............................

front wheel puncture!!

homer_simpson_doh.jpg
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Bronzie wrote:
    The group I was in (handicap race) had caught everyone else set off before us and we were still working fairly well together although a few people were starting to sit on too much.

If you've caught everyone, what's the benefit in working well together at all? Surely now it's a straight race, only the people who want it to be kept fast should do any work. There's no point doing work just for the sake of getting the race over quicker... well other than the cakes of course.
    Bronzie wrote:
    front wheel puncture!!

Unlucky :(
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    jibberjim wrote:
    If you've caught everyone, what's the benefit in working well together at all? Surely now it's a straight race, only the people who want it to be kept fast should do any work. There's no point doing work just for the sake of getting the race over quicker... well other than the cakes of course.

Or I just realised... you had a group still behind you trying to chase you down :)
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • Bronzie
    jibberjim wrote:
    Or I just realised... you had a group still behind you trying to chase you down :)
    Yeah - didn't want the 2nd cats to catch us 'cos then it's
    gameover.gif

As for hairy arms - well Fab Cancellara's are bald compared to mine.................but I'm still wearing arm warmers at the mo so no air resistance problems there :wink: