Pre war frames

grpnpton
grpnpton Posts: 275
edited April 2009 in Road general
On the lookout for a 30's frame/bike 23" or larger taperlight or reynolds.thanks.Graham grptaipei@yahoo.co.uk

Comments

• Dickie
    Dickie Posts: 1,489
    Good luck :D you will need it, most pre war frames tend to be small as was the fashion then. Be prepared to pay good money.
  • mattsccm
    mattsccm Posts: 409
    Condition?
    got a scabby but original Dawes. F&F 531 main tubes at least . Damn sure its pre war. Resilion Cantis were on it and clip headset.
  • grpnpton
    still looking
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    As Dickie says large frame from that period are rare.I have a 1930's Claud Butler for sale but is only 21 1/2 inches C/T. Frame ,forks and clip head set .This link shows it when it was built up.Parts are now on my old Carlton.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74418119@N ... 456895069/
    bagpuss
  • BigStu2
    BigStu2 Posts: 794
    If your heading through Europe / Scandinavia at any stage there are quite a few old models around, I found a 30's model Husqvarna with a stoneage 2 speed rear deraileur in my father in laws garage and he doesn't even collect bikes :shock: I even inherited 3 old 40's models when I bought my house over here. Small villages thats the clue every farm house has at least one old bike over here and they are enormous. Must have been a lot of tall Svens at one stage.
    .........all
    ...at........work
    fun..................&
    ..no.............no
    .....is......play
  • grpnpton
    have a vintage carlton to trade 22"?
  • Gavin Gilbert
    Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
    Maybe :wink:

depends what you plan to do with it...research and restore using the correct finish and parts or bolt inappropriate out of period bits to it. Or worse still - turn it into a flat 'barred fixie :(