T.L.I Road Racing

halfwheeler
halfwheeler Posts: 29
edited March 2009 in Amateur race
Just got the handbook and membership form through for the T.L.I. Does anyone have any experience of the events, size of fields and organisation etc. Especialy the Teeside and Kikrby Hill cicuits.
Cheers

Comments

• celbianchi
    celbianchi Posts: 854
    We have a lot of TLI midweek events in the North East. Frpom April we have a Tuesday road race and a Thursday crit, for 20 successive weeks.

Size of field can be 50+, usually around 35- 50 I'd say.
    We race on quiet roads, usually a pursuit so you can go in a group at the same fintess level as yourself.

Good value for money, and without opening the timeless BC v TLI debate (I ride both), we have no problems with the events up here, the organiser is very experienced.
  • I know the Croft circuit one is really popular. Basically if you road race and you're from the area you're there.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Teeside! Argh, what next Middlesborough?
  • Teeside! Argh, what next Middlesborough?

Don't get me started :evil:
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    i've done some TLi's in staffordshire they've been well organised and good races (stone wheelers,lyme RR) without spending money on the BC entrys which makes them better for beginners to RR becuase its just the price for the race instead of having to buy a racing license/day license at BC
  • lfcquin
    lfcquin Posts: 470
    To enter a TLI race do I need to become a member or can I just enter the events? I have just taken a racing licence with BC for the first time in 20 years and then I have been told about the TLI races. The TLI website doesn't make it clear. Can anyone explain the process?

Ta.
  • JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    You can just turn up and pay for each TLI race but as well you can join and get a mambers card for about £5 i think, which makes sense if your going to be doing a few TLi races during the year becuse it knocks £4-5 off each race for being a member
  • vitesse169
    vitesse169 Posts: 422
    I do the cotswold league TLI races - really good as they're well handicapped. The organiser is a good chap and coordinates it properly - everyone's happy. Also we do the Glenn Longland 2 day classic in Oct, a great weekend away as a season closer...
  • PMKirky
    PMKirky Posts: 13
    See here for info on the Kirby Hill circuit and the rest of the series....

http://www.yorkshiretliseries.net/