Alp D'Hog

Shavedlegs
Shavedlegs Posts: 310
edited March 2009 in Amateur race
Just how big is the hill on the new Hog Hill circuit. I'm planning my first race there next weekend. I haven't raced for almost 9 months so no idea of my fitness levels. Should I be prepared to be dropped.

Comments

• rjeffroy
    rjeffroy Posts: 638
    Its about a 30 second climb at 3rd cat race pace. Lower section not too steep but it ramps up a bit at the top. Expect to hit it about 20 times in one hour crit.
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    It isn't so bad the first half of a race, it is the second half that it starts to take it's toll, and the last 2 laps if the pace really increases do make the legs hurt (well they did for me anyhow).

You will hit it about every 3 mins.
  • 16simon
    16simon Posts: 154
    It's not just the hill that you have to worry about, it's the next section, after you cross the finish line and drop down and through the LH corner. The road then climbs up before beginning the descent to the lower circuit and riders will attack here, often causing splits in the bunch.
  • Toks
    Toks Posts: 1,143
    Shavedlegs wrote:
    Just how big is the hill on the new Hog Hill circuit. I'm planning my first race there next weekend. I haven't raced for almost 9 months so no idea of my fitness levels. Should I be prepared to be dropped.
    Er...you just rode 3 laps of RP in under 54 mins dude. Thats a pretty decent marker of firness unless you tailgated a van during your hour of power effort. In short - you'll be fine mate 8)