Felt QX85

Dave Jenks
Dave Jenks Posts: 7
edited March 2009 in Commuting chat
Hi, I am looking for a new Hybrid bike through the Cyclescheme, my commute is 7 miles each way on mainly gravel track. The bike that has caught my eye is the Felt QX85 but cannot find any reveiws on this bike. I would be very gratefull if any owns this bike to give me some info on this bike. Other bikes I have looked at are Kona Dew Deluxe, Cube Curve & Cannondale Bad Boy.

Thanks Dave

Comments

• mr_rusti
    mr_rusti Posts: 1
    Hi Dave

I have one!.

I purchased it to replace a Carrera Gryphon - similar style but the frame of the Gryphon was too big for me.

I have used it for commuting 6 miles each way, with panniers. Also used it for Sunday rides - max 30 miles. I have been very pleased with it. I have had no problems with it, unlike the Gryphon which used to throw the chain every now and then! The main mod I did was to change the tyres for a road specific tyre, as I found the tyres fitted were too slow for road use. The brakes are far superior to the Gryphon.

I have no experience of the other bikes you mentioned, so cannot compare with them.

I would recommend the Felt, on my experience.
  • Thanks for info, I feel more confident about buying this bike now, just have to wait for my company to implement the ride to work scheme.