Building better half a new bike but what saddle?

Great Ayton
Great Ayton Posts: 337
edited March 2009 in Women
I gave my better half (she stole) my old bike last year and has got really in to riding. So I thought it was about time I build her up a nice new bike. The only thing I am really stuck on is what saddle to fit? I have not a clue about womens saddles as all I know is that she does not like the WTB saddle that is fitted to the bike she has now. Well that and she also absolutely despises the SLR I have on my new bike. So any recommendations are most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Sir HC
    Sir HC Posts: 20,148
    Take her to the local bike shop and get her to sit on a few.
    Intense Socom
    Inbred
  • Great Ayton
    Great Ayton Posts: 337
    Thanks for the advice, But the bike is a surprise so don't really want to let on I am getting her anything.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Mines really comfy (well, apart from last weekend in Dartmoor but I think that was lack of use!) but I can't remember what type it is. I'm riding tonight, so i'll check and let you know tomorrow.

Mine fits me and i'll fairly petite but, if your girlfriend has a much bigger bum, then buy a bigger one otherwise this one will be really uncomfortable!!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • I have a Specialized Jet, which I find really comfy although it is pretty minimal to look at, can't stand those huge bulbous ones and in actual fact they do not support you in the right places. The jet comes in two different sizes, so it is neccesary to sit on a bumometer (memory foam pad) to measure you pelvic bones. Although you say its a surprise, I would hold your horses on the saddle as it is very important that you get the right one for your GF, and the only way to do this is for her to try one, you can't just guess that it will be okay.
    If you put in a search for this subject you will find tons of threads on this subject which might help, Good luck!
    What you give is what you get
  • lovewales
    lovewales Posts: 411
    I like my charge ladle (womens version of the spoon) are less than £20 depending on where you get them from and not too much to waste if she doesn't like it. I bought mine becasue it was cheap and I was sick of buying more expensive ones, I went out to try it for 1/2 an hour and returned 3hrs later it was so comfy :D
    If every action has an equal and opposite reaction does that mean I will be eaten by a fly?
  • gnarwhal
    gnarwhal Posts: 22
    I have a Spesh BG Sport D4W and i love love love it. I wouldn't ride on anything else now. It has a cavity in the middle and is women specific so it's designed for ladies' sit bones also it's got some nice styling, blue embroidery bits that look like stars...but seriously i used to hate the sore feeling i got for a few days after riding, not any more. No pain...no pain!