Settle Weds 11 March - tomorrow!

topsey_turvey
topsey_turvey Posts: 420
edited March 2009 in MTB rides
Just found out that I've got tomorrow morning free. I've got a non too strenuous ride planned from Settle. 20 miles to Malham Tarn and back. If anyone fancies joining up I'll be in the main P&D car park at approx 9AM (I have to get back early - sorry).

I'll be on a white Kona hardtail. That should give an idea of how tough the route is :lol:

Off out now for the night so might not see any replies. If you're there fine; if not I'll ride on my own. I'm used to it :cry:
Frank Yates

Comments

• I'll be there tomorrow night!

(Snowboarding in the morning!)

Have a good ride!

Are you going up or or down Stockdale lane?
  • Went down Stockdale Lane. Think the route was originally from MBR, so obviously it was the wrong way round. If I do it again I'll go up the lane first.

That's the least of my worries. I got to the gate in the middle of the rough stuff, no problems. Walked through the gate, and my rear mech caught my eye. Way out of line. Rear cables shredded, mech hanger bent, rear mech mangled beyond repair, chain ring teeth bent, front mech twisted. All seemingly caused by a chain that disintegrated. Not one, but two plates split. Couldn't singlespeed it because I'd nothing to tension the chain, so it just kept jumping into the 11 sprocket. Fortunately I was at a high point, and could more or less freewheel back to Settle. There'll be a big bill to come.
    Frank Yates
  • Went down Stockdale Lane. Think the route was originally from MBR, so obviously it was the wrong way round. If I do it again I'll go up the lane first.

That's the least of my worries. I got to the gate in the middle of the rough stuff, no problems. Walked through the gate, and my rear mech caught my eye. Way out of line. Rear cables shredded, mech hanger bent, rear mech mangled beyond repair, chain ring teeth bent, front mech twisted. All seemingly caused by a chain that disintegrated. Not one, but two plates split. Couldn't singlespeed it because I'd nothing to tension the chain, so it just kept jumping into the 11 sprocket. Fortunately I was at a high point, and could more or less freewheel back to Settle. There'll be a big bill to come.
    Frank Yates
  • bugger!

At least you've got an excuse to buy some shiny new bits!
  • At least you've got an excuse to buy some shiny new bits!

They are on the way.
    Frank Yates